2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AVN2454 Nav Issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 12:34 AM
kacrawford
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AVN2454 Nav Issues

Hi all,

Today I installed the AVN2454 HU in my '05 F150. When I push the nav button it says check speed sensor wire. I hooked the VSS from the NAV unit into pin 9 of the 16 pin audio connector (grey wire). The route guidance is not working and I am wondering if would have anything to do with the VSS not working.

Please help. Is there a problem hooking nav units to the VSS wire in the audio loom?

All in all great sound and the DVD is cool, however I paid extra to get a nav system and I am a little frustrated with the route guidance not working.

Thanks for any help!

2005 F150 Lariat SuperCrew
Eclipse AVN2454 HU

Old 11-16-2004, 07:00 PM
kacrawford
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boy am I feeling STUPID...

I called the company in Florida that I purchased the unit from. They were extremely helpful.

On the '04-'05 there are two harness that plug into the back of the premium sound system.

I'll call them big and small (16 pin). The small harness doesn't seem to do anything I can figure out. I suspect that it goes somewhere where a CD changer can be installed. It only has five of the sixteen pins being used.

The large harness is the primary harness and pretty much has everything you need on it. The problem is that the Crutchfield harness is missing pins. I didn't realize this until talking to the place I purchased the AVN from. After hooking up the VSS lead to the Gray/Blk wire (go figure) everything is working great.

This is an awsome HU the sound is twice that of the stock HU. Its funny because the guy in Florida basically said that the guy at the stereo shop lied and he was going to charge $60 for five minutes work. Well he was right. Everything is working great.

Anyone that needs help installing a Nav system in a '04-'05 F150 with the center console let me know. I'll post the proceedure I used along with all the part numbers of the items needed shortly.

It also appears that there may be a reverse sensing wire in the factory loom as well. I guess I'll find that out after I install the camera.

All that is left is installing the camera and the SWI-X to get the hand controls working again.

Cheers...

----
2005 F150 Lariat SuperCrew
Eclipse AVN2454 HU