Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Cave Creek & Deer Valley?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 01:55 AM
Meilichios
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Cave Creek & Deer Valley?

Anyone ever go out there? Was goin' through all the trails back in there the past few days on my days off. Lotsa nice trails. Lots of room too.. goes from where I usually enter at Cave Creek & Deer Valley to 7th Ave and Deer Valley.. and goes much farther north than Happy Valley Rd. Pretty fun spot.

Old 11-15-2004, 10:08 AM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
We went on that table mesa road trip that dumped us out over in cave creek. I haven't done any other four wheeling up there but sounds like some good runs.

We might need to schedule another run here pretty soon.

Old 11-15-2004, 12:40 PM
Meilichios
Senior User
I was out there Sat. night, just driving around, and when I went home, I checked around for any loose bolts/nuts, and didn't find anything. My neighbor was staring at me.. he's a mechanic and hates me. Still haven't figured out why. but anways.. so on Sunday I go out with some friends. We're goin' up this real steep mountain.. and the rear axel, the nub on the leaf pack popped outta the hole on the axel mount, and that side shot forward, 'cause the other side was the one with power. It snapped my u join, a few U bolts, dinged up the yoke on the drive shaft. since the cable for the ebreak was no longer pulled tight at all, it didn't work.. and I had to spend the next few hours out there with someone holding the break down so I could try and get it back into place with what limited tools I had available. I had nylocks on top of the normal nuts, so the chances that 4 of 'em would get lose in 20 minutes doesn't seem too high. And I've had stuff like this happen before too.. I think it's time I get some camera's, LoL

Old 11-15-2004, 01:09 PM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Sounds like a disaster. heh.

So what do you had that you take 4 wheeling, the '81 in your sig?

Old 11-15-2004, 01:25 PM
Meilichios
Senior User
Yeah, 81 sidestep F100.. was 2wd swapped rear axels from a bronco for the lower gears and stuff, put in a 351w and 4 sp granny tranny.. xcase and got a Holley 670 CFM Truck Avenger carb. Gettin' the front end from a 79 F150 to do a straight axel conversion on it. it's only on 33's right now, but I'd like to be able to run some of the wider tires, like a 36x15.5 baja claw or something along those lines, so I'm not sure how high I'm gonna lift it.. don't wanna be too tall though. :-/ Too many options not enough money

Old 11-16-2004, 09:41 AM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
I'm with ya there, they make WAY too many aftermarket parts for SD's that I'm itchin' to get. You're wantin' to go wider huh? I had 14.50" wide PJ's and didn't really like them. They tracked all over the road. Then again, I had all kinds of problems with those tires so it might not have been due to the width. My next set is gonna be some boggers. I have ssr's now and love 'em but they're just not mean enough lookin'.