2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DVD Blues

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 02:43 PM
04fx4scab
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bump - just looking for any updates on the release of the auxillary wiring harness.

i also have a question for rambunctious, if this has been asked before i appologize....how could ford allow the auxillary feature to be included in the radios with no way to utulize it? should this have not been taken into considertation during the design process? i am not trying to be a smart ***, just trying to understand the thinking behind the reason for not having a harness available with the release of the truck.i guess i'm getting impatient, that little button needs to do something or i'm gonna go nuts.

Old 12-15-2004, 05:12 AM
04fx4scab
Senior User
bumps-r-us

Old 12-24-2004, 04:57 PM
jrip16
New User
RAM, any info on wiring harness

well this is my first post on this board, i just purchased a 2004 F-150 this week and I am searching frantically to find a dvd player for it or even a wiring harness. I have now read every post you have put on here but the last post you had was Nov. 29 and you said you all were close to releasing a wiring harness but there still has been no word of it....what is the news on this?

Old 12-24-2004, 09:09 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by jrip16
well this is my first post on this board, i just purchased a 2004 F-150 this week and I am searching frantically to find a dvd player for it or even a wiring harness. I have now read every post you have put on here but the last post you had was Nov. 29 and you said you all were close to releasing a wiring harness but there still has been no word of it....what is the news on this?
Welcome to the only family Ford Truck site, on the net.
To insure a better understanding of how FTE operates, please read the guidelines, and the READ FIRST notes in each forum you choose to visit. I'm sure you'll find plenty of reading and information to surf though.
Enjoy FTE and Happy Holidays

Old 01-13-2005, 10:12 AM
braindew
New User
Rambunctious...help! Any word on the retrofit wiring harness yet.

Old 01-14-2005, 01:33 PM
sycler
New User
I have the factory supercrew DVD & want to know if the aux input can be utilized for my XM Tuner.

Old 01-29-2005, 12:04 PM
zims-pad
New User
For anyone who is interested in installing the factory DVD system in their 2004, I just purchased one from a seller on eBay. Brand new OEM system with a harness that he makes. Harness has all the factory connectors, total installation time was 90 min. Was a plug and play setup, works great, I couldn't be happier! It's not cheap, but it sure looks sweet. Plays thru your existing OEM audio unit, or use wireless headphones. The only requirements for your truck is that it has the OEM single or 6 disk CD player and the overhead rail system. Anyone wanting a phone number for his store can email me.

Old 01-29-2005, 04:58 PM
ironchef
New User
Yes I want one

What the persons screenname on Ebay?

Old 01-29-2005, 10:14 PM
zims-pad
New User
His eBay user name is nicegy662aqm.

Old 03-18-2005, 09:18 PM
anollmann
Senior User
Any updates on the harness?

Old 03-20-2005, 05:41 PM
blue 2004 FX4
Senior User
How about the dvd on Mossmotor.com? Anyone try that yet?

Old 07-27-2005, 10:24 PM
Scoutman
New User
DVD Rail System Pre Wire Kit?

Howdy Folks
Know this topic has been discussed before but can not find it (I'm green to this forum business)

Just bought a F150 Lariat with the rail system. Looking at getting the DVD rail system but dealer says I need a pre-wire kit. Got 2 questions....

He can not find the part # for the DVD pre wire kit. Does anyone out there have that number?

Having asked this, is it possible to have it wired up by the dealer? (Everyone tells me it has to be ordered, but not sure now after reading the Rambunctious threads

Thanks in advance
Scoutman

Old 07-28-2005, 05:49 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
...Welcome Scoutman, to Ford Truck Enthusiasts! Please read the Guidelines, it will help you to navigate through and understand this site.
Stick around someone will be by shortly to answer your question.
We are happy you have chosen the best source for Fords!

Enjoy FTE....and
JOIN CLUB FTE -SUPPORT THE FORUMS!
…..See you on the boards.

Old 07-28-2005, 07:01 AM
rambunctious
Senior User
Sorry I missed this thread for a while....

Ford has not pursued the hareness for aftermarket for some reason.......
but i have done some digging to possibly help some of you (us) out.

here is part of an email discussion with another member of the board

Rob,
>
> Thanks for the help, it's greatly appreciated.
>
> The Dealer gave me the following info based on the Engineering Part No.
> number that you supplied:
>
> Service Part No. 5L3Z-14335-FA
> Desc: Wir Asy - DM LP Conn # <---- Not sure what this Desc. means.
> Cost: $101.30........,

this is basically the pre wire harness (extension) that completes the harness to the dvd. your vehicle needs the partial harness in the truck that ends half way up the rear left pillar. I get mixed messages on which vehicles actually have this. so for those that currently have a truck and want factory dvd, take the rear left pillar trim off. If there is two open connectors, this is the open harness that will receive the service part number (extension) mentioned above. this will connect to a dvd after routing along the left siderail (header) and then across to the dvd.

One thing to note if buying dvd's through ebay, or junkyards, or the factory accessories (comes with warranty) you need the same model year dvd as your radio. Ford changed suppliers of the radio (guts) after one year and our dvd's needed software changes to communicate. so mixing them will not work.

regarding the aux button. The factory dvd utilizes the aux button on the radio, throught it's aux rca inputs. This is the only method to get true aux line level into the radio. but works good

hope this helps

Ramb

Old 07-28-2005, 10:16 PM
Scoutman
New User
Thanks much Ramb

I'll pass it on to the parts dealer where I bought the Lariat. He's having a heck of a time finding the harness. Hope this works.

I plan on sticking with Ford's Overhead Rail DVD system for the 2005.

If it works out, I'll let you know. Let me know how your's turned out

Scoutman

Quick Reply: DVD Blues