1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

New Tire Dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 10:01 AM
Colinator
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rocky J:

Sigh. I thought someone would see it this way. I can assure you I did not fall for a sales pitch. This is NOT a no-name tire. It is the predominately used tire in Finnland (where it it designed and made) and other such countries where winter conditions are severe and long lasting. Yes, they are not as well known (yet) as the major brands but that is only due to the money spent by the bigger companies on advertising and mass marketing and deals with auto manufactures. The cream rises to the top, and we will likely be hearing a lot more of these tires in the future. They have a smaller, but cult-like following who after having them won't use anything else.

North Americans tend to have a rather myopic view when it comes to "brands", and no matter what the product, there's often a lesser known superior performing one.

I have spent many many hours researching this on the web and am confident that I have found the tire I was looking for. Nothing but rave reviews - by professional testers too.

Check out thier site(s) and maybe do some Googleing and see what you find:

nokiantyres.com

nokiantires.com

The Michelins are not a bad tire, they were one that I was considering, but I believe that the Nokian will be a much bigger bang for the buck. When you buy a Michelin, you are paying top dollar to pay for all of their advertising. I've read some unfavourable or mediocre feedback on Michelins as well.

I was looking for a really good tire, a "boutique" tire if you will, not a "popular" tire. (I don't eat at McDonald's either).

Giddee up.

Old 11-10-2004, 10:04 AM
Colinator
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ranger Russ:

Check out their site(s) and you will find dealer locators for the US.

If you find a dealer in your area and they have them, let me know.....I'm curious.

Cheers.