Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

Any sleepers left in TX? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 10:46 AM
BigAlVB
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any sleepers left in TX? Help!

Hey guys and gals. When I was growing up back in the 80's in Kerrville lots of us had sleepers on our trucks and I have always thought they were pretty cool.
Do any of you know where they can be had for a 1994 F150 bed style? I can't find any manufacturers except Pape and boy, are they expensive. Let me know if you are aware of anything. I'm currently up here in Michigan and most people have never heard of a sleeper except on the big rigs.

Old 11-07-2004, 08:33 PM
13MWZ
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shoot ya! I seem them things all the time, although I dont know who maked any of them. There's a dealer off I35 in Round Rock that sells the bed shells, I beleive I've seen some in there. Next time I go to Sportsman's Warehouse I'll stop in there and get you a name and price.

You grew up in Kerrville huh? I love that area. Infact, I love it so much a few years ago I bought some land between Harper and Junction. I'm in Bandera and Kerrville all the time.

Old 11-15-2004, 01:29 PM
TruckDaddy
Elder User
Call Cowtown Sleepers located in Fort Worth, 817-293-9100. Tell'm LINE-X of West Fort Worth sent you.

Old 11-17-2004, 06:24 PM
BigAlVB
Senior User
13MWZ and Truckdaddy--a big tip o' the hat to ya'll! Actually Cowtown Sleepers has a pretty good website with lots of pics. I'll definitely get in touch with them soon. Funny how they never came up in a Google search for sleepers, etc.
13MWZ, I love Bandera (Cowboy Capital of the World!) and pretty much the whole hill country. My daddy did a lot of hunting throughout that neck of the woods such as havelinas, ram, deer, etc. Now i'm going to get all homesick. God, I miss Texas!
Ya'll take it easy and your help is much appreciated!

Old 11-18-2004, 04:33 PM
Tarzan
Senior User
i'll be in mason on thanksgiving, goin huntin all weekend!!