Illinois Chapter Join Chapter Leader: wpnaes

November Meeting

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 04:10 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
November Meeting

Well....another successful chapter meeting is behind us. We were able to welcome Kevin as a new member to the chapter as well.

Last month, I failed to mention the winner of the trivia contest....so........the October winner was John, this month was a tie between Bob and Kevin.

We discussed Carol's suggestion for a member of the month. This is a great way to recognize an active chapter member for their efforts. For December........I can think of no one more deserving than to enter my choice.........John.

For our December meeting would the 5th or the 12th be best? Voice your choice as to the date.

For our December location?.....we'll be moving to the SOUTH. With the current interest expressed and in our efforts to make meetings available to all, we chose to meet in the general Kankakee area. I'll be sure to rely on John's knowledge of the area for a suitable meeting location.

We discussed the 2005 show and suggestions for a location as well. We'll be discussing this further before a final location is selected. We will continue with having No classes, No awards and No dash plaques. The intention is to meet as a chapter and enjoy everyone's company and trucks.

I'll begin to make the chapter contact list to be handed out for the December meeting.This way, should anyone need a hand or have a situation that requires help, there are options to get help from members in that area.

We discussed the chapter logo and costs involved in an embroidered design.
For now an option is to scan a logo we decide on and simply make iron-on logos for the time being. We could change the design every year if we care to. Either way, wearing the same color/type shirt we will look good and increase interest in the site and chapter.

The weather was once again sunny and warm.........all in all...a very good
day.

Keep your suggestions coming and we again invite those interested, to attend our December meeting.

Thanks again to all, Fastronald

Last edited by Fastronald; 11-07-2004 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:14 PM
dPrasse01
Senior User
Sorry I missed it ... I was sicker than a dog this weekend ...
Kankakee area is good train watching area too ...
hopefully I'll have my 04 PSD diesel spit shined by then ...

Old 11-08-2004, 04:26 PM
JohnT
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile Thank You, Ron!

Ron, thanks for the nomination for December's member of the month!! I'm really trying to do whatever I can in helping to make this Chapter a success. Either Dec.5 or Dec.12 sounds fine with me as our next meeting date.--John

Old 11-08-2004, 08:56 PM
fairmontman
Junior User
Either the 5th or 12th sounds good for the December meeting,I also nominate John for member of the month. Bob

Old 11-09-2004, 09:34 AM
Fastronald
Elder User
December Meeting

John has given me some excellent locations and such to review. I'm leaning towards the 5th. John brought up another very good point as to selecting a location....I agree with him 100%. I'll be sure to check the map and pick a site and date shortly...Thanks John!

Old 11-09-2004, 07:19 PM
C Mionske/Cook
Senior User
Here's my vote

I agree that John has December as Member of the Month.
Congrats and keep up the good work.
Carol

Old 11-10-2004, 11:04 PM
bDavidb
Freshman User
I hated to miss the meeting, I had a problem at work (a remodel job) and had to spend two 14 hour days getting the sewer lines fixed. The house is 6 yrs old and was thrown together. An upscale area, too.

Old 11-11-2004, 08:57 AM
Fastronald
Elder User
Meeting

Hi David..........not to worry buddy, we know you were there in spirit. There will be times when the chapter meeting takes a back seat to Family and pressing issues. Fastronald

Old 11-11-2004, 07:08 PM
JohnT
Posting Guru
Smile Thank You!

Thanks to everyone who has nominated me for member of the month for Dec.! As far as our Dec. meeting, I think Dec. 5th would be better than Dec. 12th because Carol and I have been invited to a Christmas party on the 12th.

Old 11-12-2004, 08:55 AM
Fastronald
Elder User
December Meeting

I agree..............the fifth is a good date. You deserve the member of the month!

Thanks for your hard work, Ron

Old 11-15-2004, 04:26 PM
JohnT
Posting Guru
Smile

Hey Ron, thanks again for nominating me as member of the month! Carol and I are looking forward to seeing everyone at the meeting on the 5th.