Notices

Help with aftermarket keyless

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 10:03 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Help with aftermarket keyless

I just installed aftermarket door lock actuators and a Crimestoppers 865 keyless entry.

Tesor door locks work fine. But if I hook up the keyless module, it pops fuses. Anyone with knowledge of hooking up aftermarket keyless entry with aftermarket door locks? Could use some help here.

Thanks Chris

Old 11-03-2004, 12:09 AM
mattpattberg
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You might have the wires of the two different doors reversed (assuming it's a 2 wire actuator)... Tough to say without actually knowing how everything is hooked up...

Old 11-03-2004, 07:39 AM
doug_j
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are probably trying to use the lock acuator lead from the remote module to trigger the door locks. You must use a relay to handle the amperage the door lock requires so you don't blow the module fuse. The remote tells the relay to shoot 12 Volts to the door lock. doug_j

Old 11-03-2004, 02:14 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks Doug_j

Thanks Doug_J
I finally figured outthat it was the auto actuator conflicting with the remote. Thats pretty much what you are saying I think. Rather than add a relay to an already complicated system, I am going to remove the brown and white wires from the harness, and just use the actuaters as 2 wire ones, remove the autolock module. I figure that with the key on locking of the doors I can get by without the autolock.
I am adding power windows, cruise, power door locks, and remote. Between that and the election I think my mind is fried...
Thanks again Doug_J for what is undoubtably the problem.

Chris