Indiana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:

New Truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 12:37 AM
Streetcruzer
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Truck

Well guys and gals, I finally broke down and bought a new truck last weekend, I have been looking at them for a few months now and narrowed it down to what I wanted. I ended up with a 2004 Harley Davidson edition with all the bells and whistles, 6.0 diesel and auto. What a fun truck to drive. It wasnt really my first choice though because their was no incentives on them and they were not really dealing on them either. But the main sticking point to me was they were not offering the military incentive on it either. It was offered on every vehicle ford makes "but" the H/D pickup! What kind of crap is that? It should be offered on all or none!! (my opinion) My complaint to my post commander (VFW) was I was good enough to serve my country over seas 30 years ago, but not good enough to qualify for a pickup truck which was named after a american icon!! He was not aware of it and would make some calls to see what the problem was.
Damn, did that hit a sore spot with somebody, I received a email that it was a oversight and will be corrected when the july incentives come out and will also include a 6.0 rebate. (It was a oversight for almost a year by the way) I was directed to a ford dealer to take another look at them and they would make the deal a little better than most so their would be no hard feelings about their oversight. They did well, as I am now the owner of one!

Sometimes it pays to speak your mind,
Lenny

Old 08-08-2004, 04:49 AM
baileybilt
Senior User
Lenny,have you ever owned a power stroke or older7.3 ? im curious how the new 6.0 stacks up.i bought a 96 powerstroke dually new,and have several friends with the cummins,but i havent heard much about the 6.0.let us know what you think of it. jim

Old 08-08-2004, 08:25 PM
snowfighter
Elder User
Lenny, Sounds like a nice one, is it a 4x4, will your lift kit and tires work?
Chris_ce and I are installing a 6in lift on his truck with 35's in two weeks should be fun.
P.S I'm kinda jeolus I want one.

Wayne

Last edited by snow fighter; 08-08-2004 at 08:29 PM.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:37 PM
SirHailstone
Elder User
Lightbulb

Who'd you get the truck from? I've seen a couple HarleyD's at Tom Wood, and Andy Mohr in Plainfield.

I've been looking at a PSD but still hesitant on the 6.0 - and my budget would hold me about a $25K limit .. I hope. So that'll put me in a '02 or an inexpensive '03 with a 7.3

Old 08-27-2004, 01:52 PM
theologian
Postmaster
good deal... now we need to see the pictures.

Theo

Old 08-28-2004, 10:34 PM
Streetcruzer
Elder User
Originally Posted by theologian
good deal... now we need to see the pictures.

Theo
Well hello Theo, good to see your avitar again, with working 6 and 7 days a week most of this summer I am way behind in the fun stuff. For your post about pictures,thats a great idea! I have the camera and the computer to do it, just have never sat down and learned how to post pictures. Something I need to get busy on!

sirhailstone: I found in my travels quite a few of them, "3" here in northern indiana which is where I ended up getting mine. I was a little hesitant about a 6.0 also, but I read all I could about them and they seem to about have all the bugs worked out, if not, thats what the warranty is for!
It is one fun truck to drive though! If work will slow down some, I can start doing some of the mods I want done. It does not appear that will happen this year though!

Will keep updated,
Cruzer

Old 08-28-2004, 11:05 PM
theologian
Postmaster
The easiest way to get the pictures seen by us all, Cruzer, is to create your gallery.... It is so long since I did mine, I have forgotten how to do it, but if you go to the User CP tab, at the top of the screen, and click on it, it will take you to a control panel with a bunch of options on the left hand side.. fifth one down is 'edit gallery' which will probably allow you to create a gallery, to which you can upload pictures from you computer, by simply point and click actions. Hopefully you can get the photos into your computer..... if not, holler, and I will try guide you through it.. :

Theo

Old 12-12-2004, 11:22 PM
homer4.2
Posting Guru
YOU NEED THOSE PIC"S IN THERE!!! haha, you have an H-D man, you gotta show it off to fte guys atleast.