Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Minnesota Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Minnesota Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fordpower88

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-01-2004, 10:19 AM
New User

BicycleMark is starting off with a positive reputation.
Trustworthy dealer?

Does anyone know of a trustworthy dealer in or near the metro area, one that you would personaly reccomend? For that matter anywhere within a few hour drive. I'm looking to purchase a new E350 Chateau. If I can't find anyone local, I'll be driving to NY.

Thanks!
Old 11-02-2004, 12:21 PM
Junior User

mitch4166 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Call Ken Page at Monticello Ford tell him Mitch Freeman told you to call.
Old 11-03-2004, 04:08 PM
Posting Guru

Buckarcher is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Buckarcher is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Wolf Motors in Jordan right on Hwy 169 always treated me right. Everyone I knew when I lived down there was happy with them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorseshoeing
I've got a set of hand cuffs, ...and try as I might, I could not choke myself.
'Damn it, Otto, you're an alcoholic.' 'Damn it, Otto, you have lupus.' One of those two doesn't sound right.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:16 PM
Post Fiend

HP junkie has a very good reputation on FTE.HP junkie has a very good reputation on FTE.HP junkie has a very good reputation on FTE.HP junkie has a very good reputation on FTE.
I don't know of any dealers that treat people right. I have never bought new and don't know if i could trust any dealerships. I have been through a couple of dealerships service depts. and had a bad one and a good one. Never really trusted someone else working on my vehicles. I know this doesn't help you but just stating my 2 cents worth.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:17 AM
New User

Mitch4166 & Buckarcher,
Thanks for the dealer contacts. At least I have a place to start

HP junkie,
I'm with you all the way. Do almost all my own work too and have never purchased new before. However, I have not been able to find a used vehicle close enough to meet my needs. So, new will have to do.

Thanks Guys!
Old 11-04-2004, 02:24 PM
Posting Guru

Boss_358 is starting off with a positive reputation.
There is probably no such thing as a real trustworthy dealership. Regardless of any positives, there is always the chance of getting the one crooked salesman in the place. Your best bet is to go into the dealer ship knowing exactly what you want. Know your options and what you should expect to pay. Ask as many questions as possible. If the sales person doesn't know the answer they should be able to get one quick. If not I would question their credibility. My wife did her homework when buying her Ranger. She had no problems at all. And thats good considering that these people always seem to think they can pull fast ones on women. We got lucky and got a pretty decent salesman too. So know we have purchased 2 new vehicles, and one used one through him. So we don't neccesarily go back to the dealership just because we really like it. We go because we like that salesman.
Old 11-05-2004, 09:53 AM
New User

Buckarcher,

With regards to Boss_358's message, is there a particular sales person that you have been working with at Wolf Motors. His thoughts make a lot of sense to me.

Thanks!
Old 11-14-2004, 08:26 PM
New User

SCrew55 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question

Call Ken Page at Monticello Ford tell him Mitch Freeman told you to call. I heard that place was sold to the maffia! Bought my last truck there, may not go back now.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:53 AM
Posting Guru

Buckarcher is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Buckarcher is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I don't know any salespeople there by name, I only dealt with the service department. I just know that other people I knew that had bought trucks there were happy so that's why I went there for service. I actually bought my truck in Willmar because at the time I had a family connection there, but not anymore, he retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorseshoeing
I've got a set of hand cuffs, ...and try as I might, I could not choke myself.
'Damn it, Otto, you're an alcoholic.' 'Damn it, Otto, you have lupus.' One of those two doesn't sound right.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:53 AM