Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Sailor_Roy

Hunters report in here.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 08:58 PM
MontanaFord
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whelp....i shot the biggun....lol....and if ya believe that, i'll sell ya some ocean-front property in kansas...last half hour of our rifle season (28th of nov), i was comin home thru an area i could shoot an antlerless deer and found Bambi's littlest brother....the three things that decided that i would shoot him were a) he watched me walk around on the road for about 3 mins, b) he stood there while i missed an accidental shot at him, and c) it WAS, after all, the last half hour of hunting season...

now, i have a doe tag to fill with my bow before the 15th of december, and i have until the 15th of february to find somebody that will allow me to shoot a cow or calf elk off their haystack in one of the areas close to home (Dick and Tim, 132 in East Valley Portion...get boundary info from FWP, and also in 170)...let's keep our fingers crossed that somebody will be kind to me this season...

btw...i ended up w/ about 20 lb of meat of my little buck-ling

Michael

Last edited by MontanaFord; 12-06-2004 at 09:26 PM.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:26 AM
SLE
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just thought I would drop a line - taveled down to Killdeer ND last weekend for some turkey hunting in the killdeer mountains - It was a tough hunt without any snow this year - all of the birds were still up on the mountain and if you've ever tryed chasing those stupid things you will learn thats not a good approach to it. Will be heading back out to my bow stands this weekend and also hope to shoot a few roosters in the afternoons.

I will Drop another update after the weekend is over.

Old 12-13-2004, 09:33 AM
SLE
Posting Guru
As I was really looking forward to a full weekend of hunting it all turn sour on friday when my little drive to work and back car died. I ended up working on it on saturday instead of hunting and of course on sunday the wind was gusting to fifty miles per hour so basically the only thing I accomplished was checking on my bow stands. I'll try again next weekend.

Old 12-17-2004, 02:25 PM
fordfury469
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i got a nice 6x7 150 class buck, my g/f shot a small 4x5 buck and my brother shot a 160 class 5 point been a pretty good year in idaho.

Old 12-20-2004, 10:29 AM
SLE
Posting Guru
Finally made it out to shoot a few roosters this weekend. Had a great hunt on saturday. Lots of hen birds. We busted are a$$ from day break untill 1:00 to find three roosters. hunted a slough bottem and shot 9 more in a matter of 20 miins. We were limited out by 1:30. Went out sunday and looked for a few deer and turkeys but mostly went to explore some area that we were not familiar with. seen a couple of decent bucks but I've used both of my buck tags already and am down to my four doe tags. don't know If I really want to clean 4 more deer. I didn't fire a shell on sunday but enjoyed the day just the same. with any luck we'll get a little snow out here before season closes, make shasing them roosters a bit more fun. Have to try agian over X-mas weekend.

Merry Chistmas to all in FTE land.