Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Best friend just bought an '04 Dodge 2500 with Cummins

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 06:37 AM
dPrasse01
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fact , at the local truck pull .... Fords drag the sled , Dodge diesels don't ...

my trucking Buddy runs a one-ton Dodge for pulling trailers ....his Cummins lasts , but has replaced 2 5 speeds til he recently put in a 6 speed ...

older ford trucks seem to rattle less than equal age shivvies or dodges .... to me that is a better build quality for Fords ...

anothe friend of mine is a true "Shivvy underpants" guy , started giving me crap when he heard I was getting an 05 PSD ...

but , we all need friends that drive other makes just so we can all get together and rib each other and shoot the bull !

Old 10-31-2004, 08:15 AM
F250Wildman
Senior User
Dodge took their new look from the Ford Aeromax heavy duty truck line. Look at the old aeromax's and see the simularities. I saw this in a industery magazine afew year back when Dodge came out with the the first generation of the new designs. I wish I could remember that magazine.

Old 10-31-2004, 03:47 PM
MAC-TRUCK
New User
"Dodge trucks have always been poorly built its one of the reasons why you rarely see a Dodge truck being used for vocational purposes. The resource industry in this area has proven Dodge trucks are junk Ford is used for on/off road and Chevy is used for highway (formans trucks)."

The city in which I live uses Dodge trucks for all it's maintenance vehicles. My folks have a construction company and currently use Dodge 3/4 ton trucks. It's not the first time he has bought them. Before that He owned a few older Ford's. None of these trucks Dodge or Ford have had trouble despite the utility beds and the weight they carried.

"As far as Dodge's quality, there are 3 on my block that don't run, and none that do. My neighbor has two Dodges, one is on it's third engine with less than 20,000 miles on the truck, and the other one has less than 50,000 miles and it doesn't run, no one is sure why, but it's one of those basket case cars that sit in the garage parking lots for years because nobody can figure out how to make them work."

This doesn't sound like facts to me. We can all say we know a guy who... These guys with broken down trucks, why don't they take them in as they would be under warrantee. Dodge would buy them back like Ford does I'm sure. As far as you links go, well they have been read and ripped to shreads already. There has been no proof offered by you and I don't think there will ever be. I see just as many Dodges driving down the street as I do Fords. I have said before, If my Dodge lets me down it will be replaced. The next could be a Ford, but from my experience I'd have to say it won't break down any time in the next several years. I intend to pass this one down to my son in about 16 years. Just accept it. Dodge is not junk.

Old 10-31-2004, 03:48 PM
Frost13
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by scottie2hottie
Agreed...
But, a Ford is still the way to go!

Scott
i was just comparing Chevy and Dodge

of course, it is this way; everything wise, Ford is best
I think newer Chevy's have better speakers though

Old 10-31-2004, 06:23 PM
scottie2hottie
Postmaster
Yeah I'm not impressed by Ford's factory radios these days, my old F150(93 IIRC) I used to have had a Kick A$$ factory system, my 01 sucks straight up...
Scott

Old 11-01-2004, 06:42 PM
FordLariat
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When were any of the links that I posted ripped to shreds? No one ever did naything to dispute the fact that Ford has a higher loyalty return customer rate, so how is it ripped to shreds? Also, those trucks were taken back for warranty, Dodge gave him a 2wd daokta loaner for years, and it's still on the lot beside the service garage, because none of the mechanics that have EVER look at this truck can figure out how Dodge messed it up so bad, and yes, these are great indicators of what goes on, and it's not one guy that I know, it's every guy that I know that has a Dodge.

Old 11-01-2004, 07:15 PM
bassdude
Elder User
OK i like fords and dodges and have owned both and probably will again and i don't really care about owner loyalty, JD Powers this and some survey that. i do know one of those brand new CTD diesel dodges wanted a piece of the old F-250 the other day. the old 460 just pulled away and the gap just got bigger all the way to a hundred when i let off. Ha Ha. when he caught up i looked over to wave and he wouldn't even look over at me back on topic all those surveys and all that mean nothing. drive what you like your paying for it. if your buddy likes the dodge cool. he's got the payment book. if it breaks, oh well get it fixed and go on. ALL trucks need work sooner or later.

Old 11-01-2004, 07:25 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yer bassdude dont fool with 460s in 250s.I bet he was fuming.$40,000 truck couldnt beat a lowly 250. Your right drive what you like. With the Dodge sooner then later

Old 11-01-2004, 08:16 PM
Mopey
Senior User
I own a 01 powerstroke, which is in the shop for the 4th time in 4months, (glad I got the extended warranty). Every time my truck is in the shop my dad let's me use his 03 dodge cummins, which has never been in the shop. I find myself losing most of our ford versus dodge arguments lately, and it really stings!

Old 11-01-2004, 08:23 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Sorry for the problems with your truck.The next guy could have a Dodge and be in the shop as much as you have.His 03 isnt old enough. Give him time it will be.

Old 11-01-2004, 08:37 PM
Musclecar_Fan
Senior User
We can play these, "I know a guy who....." games all day. But when its all said and done Dodge has a decent truck on their hands. I mean, I would know, we have alot of people who are very happy with their Dodge Rams. Some of them have always owned Dodge, some have owned everything. This whole Dodge bashing thing is getting rather old. Sooner rather than later some of you have to realize that Dodge isn't junk.

Old 11-01-2004, 08:40 PM
johnsdiesel
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Musclecar_Fan
We can play these, "I know a guy who....." games all day. But when its all said and done Dodge has a decent truck on their hands. I mean, I would know, we have alot of people who are very happy with their Dodge Rams. Some of them have always owned Dodge, some have owned everything. This whole Dodge bashing thing is getting rather old. Sooner rather than later some of you have to realize that Dodge isn't junk.
What do you drive?

Also, what do you expect? This is a Ford enthusiast website which would lead one to believe that there are a lot of die hard Ford fans here.

Old 11-01-2004, 08:44 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Hey Ive seen some off these Dodges up close and personal and compared to Ford there junk. Ill stand by what I say. The automatics have been junk for years. Sorry musclecar no offense to you. Just comparing vehicles. Just look at the consumer reviews off these trucks on sites such as Edmunds. Lot off people will agree with me. Dodge leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Sorry thats the way I feel.

Old 11-01-2004, 08:52 PM
BigDaddy6969
Senior User
hey guys, new user here. Just thought i would chime in with my first post (I am a huge CAR/TRUCK NUT!!!!)

But you say that Dodges are junk compared to Fords, now is this older or new vehicles? The older Dodges lacked good build quality but as far as new vehicles go i dont think there is that big of a margin between build quality. I think the recent race between Ford, GM, and Dodge has been for the best of the consumer and there fore actual quality has increased a lot. After reading some replies though i get the feeling people are confusing quality for comfort, you can ride in a deuce and a half 1965 army bad boy and be uncomfortable as hell but it still will maintain its quality.

Old 11-01-2004, 09:02 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Ride in a 150 for a year. 2004 model. 2004 hemi 1500 for a year. The 150 will win you over way more then the Dodge. Ride quality fit and finish. Fords better simple as that. Welcome to the site. Diehard Ford fans online. Prepare for battle.

Quick Reply: Best friend just bought an '04 Dodge 2500 with Cummins