Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > Nova Scotia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Nova Scotia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-24-2004, 02:52 PM
Senior User

BlueOvalBaker is starting off with a positive reputation.
Truck

Hello fellow ocean goers
My truck is running perfect now, and it wasn't a coil pack. The #8 wire was shot. The clip on the inside came lose and wouldnt hold the plug. So I have new wires, and its all good. Going down the highway by Porters Lake(I was payin the guy for the wires) I was on my way back and stomped the gas off the ramp. It held for a second, then it started racin from 20 clean through 110 km/h. Took about 7 seconds at most to do. Anyway, it didn't feel like too much power. I was wonderin what kind of small modifications I could do that I could buy right around here for about 1000 dollars? Just some all around stuff, especially for acceleration. And the shocks are almost out. What kind should I be checking out? Please, don't say Canadian Tire That place scares me. All my friends work there, and I know more about cars than them.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:33 PM
Elder User

MatthewC is starting off with a positive reputation.
$1000? I would probably upgrade the entire ignition system to MSD. Box, coil, distributor. That would run $500 easy. Another $200 for Summit shorty headers. Then maybe the last $300 on a set of GT-40 heads. (might need a couple extra bucks)

-Matt.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:42 PM
Senior User

JLMoreno911 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Intake and exhaust are always a good place to start...also headers like stated above...
Old 10-29-2004, 09:27 PM
Senior User

Where would I find these items? I'm certainly sure I won't be going to Chebucto.
Old 10-30-2004, 09:45 AM
Elder User

Believe it or not, Canadian Tire can order all sorts of aftermarket goodies. They also carry Accel ignitions, which is what I have in my truck. There may be some speed shops where you are from, or performance garages. Then there is also the possibility of ordering from Summit, they ships to Canada.

-Matt
Old 10-30-2004, 02:22 PM
Senior User

I'm about 10 minutes from Dartmouth and Halifax, so I'm good. I know Canadaina Tire has the oredering thing, I meant not buying their stuff, except their oil, which is pretty good.
Old 10-30-2004, 02:46 PM
Elder User

I understand not wanting to buy things from them, but Flowmaster is Flowmaster no matter where you get it from right?

-Matt
Old 10-31-2004, 12:41 PM
Senior User

That's a good point. I'll just not get it installed there. They find a lot of "problems"
Old 10-31-2004, 12:41 PM