Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

Looking for 4x4 performance shop

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 02:13 AM
Big Lou
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for 4x4 performance shop

Hi, Just moved to ATL and then strangely within 5 days found myself in Iraq for a year. I am about to buy a PSD Excursion and was looking for evaluations of local (Atlanta) off road, diesel performance shops. I want to install a lift, intake, exhaust, and predator shortly after I break the truck in. Any suggestions on where and who. Also, is there a weekly improve truck show locally. For instance, like the Wal-Mart parking lot back home in NC? Any get togethers, show and go's, meetings, wrench turning keggers, keggers in general, bikini clad car washes...or anything else I might be interested in? Grats, Lou

Old 10-24-2004, 07:06 AM
Ladyfire3374
Senior User
Lou,

Welcome! GA chapter is a great group. Also might like BBQ & beer.

I'm not up on 4WD performance since I sold my last ****** wagon. There are a number of off-roaders here who can help. (For pure Ford performance, check out Geoff's website, crownvicmuscle.com. He's here in ATL. )

The last bikini-clad (or not, depending on how much cash you were willing to drop) car wash I saw WAS in NC......

The AJC Auto section runs about a half page of ongoing area meets. Not sure what day, though.

Thank you for your service in Iraq.

Old 10-24-2004, 07:14 AM
Big Lou
Freshman User
Bikini clad car wash

You know...now that I think of it, there is a bikini car wash in Fayetteville...and like you said for a couple of extra bucks i heard you can get the full monty. Not that I have ever been there! Thanks for the info. I will check out the AJC when I get back next year. Thanks also for your appreciation...thank a cop sometime too. They put it on the line everyday for less money and benefits. Lou

Old 10-24-2004, 12:07 PM
jharvey3
Elder User
Lou first off welcome to FTE and the Ga chapter!!

You may want to check out 4 wheel performance in Marietta and Garmons Diesel Performance in McDonough.

Is that car wash in Fayetteville Ga or in NC?

John

Old 10-24-2004, 04:54 PM
Ladyfire3374
Senior User
Lou,

You be careful over there, hear?

I always liked what Patton said (paraphrasing) "It ain't your job to die for your country...make the enemy die for his."

I have several LEO friends who were called up - I keep them in my prayers. I'll include you.

Ladyfire3374
Firefighter (Retired)

Old 10-24-2004, 04:58 PM
Ladyfire3374
Senior User
John,

There's a t*tty, er, I mean CAR wash in NC (and not Fayetteville, NC).

I believe the code word is "exotic", meaning "topless".
I always though exotic things involved death by diarrhea or nasty tropical parasites, like an "exotic disease".

Old 10-24-2004, 05:47 PM
jharvey3
Elder User
Aahhhhh I see said the blind guy, yeah exotic to me means a PSD smokin' a ricer hehe, had one not to long ago pull along side and wanted to know why I had guages it's just a truck, as he pulled up at the next light he said Ooohhhh Maaaan, wanted know if it was a HEMI , when I told him it was just an old diesel his g/f busted out laughing

John

Old 10-24-2004, 10:23 PM
Ladyfire3374
Senior User
HEMI? Isn't that one of those exotic diseases?

Old 10-24-2004, 11:47 PM
Big Lou
Freshman User
Topless Carwash

Crazy Dave's Cabaret on Owen drive...there is most certainly a topless car wash in Fayetteville! Right next to the Palamino. Thanks for the leads on the two shops. I can't wait to get back to ATL and put this truck together, not to mention the Falcons are doing great this season. Thanks for the prayers and support. Between Kosovo, Afghanistan, and Iraq the last few years have been way too busy. Looking forward to some golf. My only concern is how the heck I am going to drive this thing from around Buckhead and Midtown with 44" Boggers on it.

Old 10-25-2004, 10:19 AM
jharvey3
Elder User
My only concern is how the heck I am going to drive this thing from around Buckhead and Midtown with 44" Boggers on it.
What's the problem Lou? Just drive over whatever is in the way

Be careful over there and remember these words..."aim low boys they're ridin' shetlands"

John

Old 10-29-2004, 11:32 AM
GrayRanger4x4
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Big Lou WELCOME to FTE!!
By the way Im looking for some money so I can go to a 4x4 performance shop!!! Got any extra $$$ send it my way at 210 ....... Perry Ga..LOL

Old 10-29-2004, 08:40 PM
old87
Posting Guru
"aim low boys they're ridin' shetlands"

Alright- give Lewis his credit....

Old 10-30-2004, 12:34 AM
Big Lou
Freshman User
Extra money? I'm a professional soldier. That means that my prerequisite 2 ex-wives drain all my cash every month. I would love to drop all ya'll a few bucks but it just ain't there brother. That explained, how about ya'll rally the church and work to send me and my boys some groceries and entertainment. Now there's an idea...and it's tax deductible...LL

Old 11-04-2004, 11:49 AM
1BDTrk
Senior User
maybe I'm steppin' out

to reply to the ORIGINAL posting.. I have a friend that runs a shop in McDonough, exit 218 on I-75 called "Auto Expressions".. does superb work, Tint, customs, Audio, A&V, Lifts, accessories, on cars, trucks, golfcarts. He did a 350 c/c 4x4 last year with a 17" lift!!! OMG that thing was massive. and VERY SHARP, till the owner ran over the hood of a car that tried to pull out in front of him, and it rolled over, put the top of the cab down on the steering wheel. BTW.. Ask for "KEVIN"

Old 11-05-2004, 07:54 AM
Big Lou
Freshman User
1 Bad,
Thanks for the lead. Hopefully your friend will still be around when I get back to the states. I would like put my Excursion on 44's. Grats!

Quick Reply: Looking for 4x4 performance shop