Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Ford vs The Competition
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-23-2004, 07:35 PM
Senior User

BadHabitinVA is starting off with a positive reputation.
Saw a 2005 Mustang today...

Ford has hit a homerun with this one. I think the competition will have to scramble, just like in 1964.
Old 10-23-2004, 08:45 PM
Senior User

wnorman1192 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yes, the new mustang is a great looking car. There actually is no competition to scramble right now though. That maket is so small that it could be that way for a while. If you want a 2 door, man trans, v8, rwd, all around fun car then the mustang is just about your only choice, especially for under 30K. Maybe they will sell tons of these cars and the other manufacturers will come out with some competition. It would be great to see a shootout between a mustang, camaro and challenger just like back in the muscle car era. I was born as that era was dying. It looks like it may be coming back. Ford definately has a winner on their hands.
Old 10-23-2004, 09:26 PM
Postmaster

triton_2002 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I saw one on the way to work (yep, working on the weekend sucks!) today and it looked sweet. Unfortunaly, it was an ugly pale metalic green color. But give me red, black or silver one and I'll take it!
Old 10-25-2004, 10:56 PM
Postmaster

MemOrex is starting off with a positive reputation.
I still haven't seen one . I saw the new 2005 SD and maaaan thats one nice looking truck.
Old 10-26-2004, 12:45 AM
Posting Guru

AG4.0 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Not here in Nebraska yet. We're usually one of the last places to get the new stuff. Finally got to see a 500, but no Freestyles yet. I think the dealer's getting tired of seeing my truck drive through on a daily basis.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:13 AM
Posting Guru

MadMedic20 is starting off with a positive reputation.
ed.crawford.568@facebook.com
Well the GTO is kinda compitiion....................Kinda. The new Stangs do look sweet. Im waiting for the "special" models to come out, like the Mach1 or Cobra.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:48 AM
Junior User

ChevyRacing is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AG4.0
Not here in Nebraska yet. We're usually one of the last places to get the new stuff. Finally got to see a 500, but no Freestyles yet. I think the dealer's getting tired of seeing my truck drive through on a daily basis.
Your BS'ing, those new 05 Superduties are out just gotta look around, i know at the ford dealership that i used to work has some of those new 05 SD's sitting on there lots. Just gotta look.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:00 AM
Site Administrator

IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
It is a fact that some dealerships do not have the 05's SD in yet, some in remote areas actually got one or two...then by early to late Nov they will get more...so if they sold then that area must wait for the next train load.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

When you are down...look up...get up...and don't ever give up....
Old 10-26-2004, 09:04 AM
Post Fiend

jimandmandy has a great reputation on FTE.jimandmandy has a great reputation on FTE.jimandmandy has a great reputation on FTE.jimandmandy has a great reputation on FTE.jimandmandy has a great reputation on FTE.
Someone on my dad's street has a new silver GT. I saw it parked there a few days ago. It really looks good, especially with the five-spoke wheels. Who at Ford came up with that horrible lime green?

Jim
Old 10-26-2004, 02:03 PM
Elder User

P51D Mustang is starting off with a positive reputation.
I've been in the drivers seat of one! This car is more than just a pretty face. It has the performance to back up the looks too. Everything is better, from the engines to the wheels. The handling and ride are light years ahead of the car it replaces. It's a lot like a BMW 3 series in that regard. That's it's competition now. It's imported sporty cars-forget GM. The 300HP GT is fast too, and while I don't know what milege it may have got, Ford claims the V8 version will get around 27mpg. They shouldn't even offer an automatic transmission in this car! It's that real.

It's very good looking in the interior too. A lot like the new F150, and the materials quality in the interior is way better than the previous modern Mustangs. It's also not cramped inside like previous stangs. Needless to say, I want one very bad, and my next vehicle purchase will not be a truck or SUV. Good thing Ford trucks actually last ten + years like they should.
Old 11-01-2004, 03:59 AM
Post Fiend

150ford is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.150ford is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Ive seen the new 2005 Mustang at a dealer 50 miles away from home. Im in Northeast nebraska. Wow is all kind say. Whens the last time you looked at a Ford car and fell in love with it right away. This Mustang is definutly a hit. Ive heard the average time they sit on the lot is 2 hrs. The freestyle and 500 Ive seen too. The sales off those have been better then Ford predicted.Ive also seen the new 2005 superduty. Another wow. If GM ever had a chance overtaking Ford on the number off vehicles sold thats gone with the new vehicles. When the year is over I think Ford will show much more improvement then the last several years.
Old 11-01-2004, 04:10 AM
Posting Guru

78Explorer has a very good reputation on FTE.78Explorer has a very good reputation on FTE.78Explorer has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by triton_2002
I saw one on the way to work (yep, working on the weekend sucks!) today and it looked sweet. Unfortunaly, it was an ugly pale metalic green color. But give me red, black or silver one and I'll take it!
That color nearly matches my wife's 68 coupe - "lime gold metallic"! I'm seriously thinking of that color when I buy mine in a couple years - the new car looks so much like a 68 to begin with, I think they'd look GREAT sitting side by side...

But MANY people through the years have shared your opinion about that color...we've gotten mostly good reviews at the shows - lots of people are so used to seeing the common - red, white, black, or blue Mustangs - seeing the lime gold is something new for them. Shelbys really stand out in the lime gold.

I had my first (visual) contact with an 05 last week - a red one and it was GORGEOUS!!!

Scott
68 lime gold Mustang coupe - 289/auto (hers)

Old 11-01-2004, 05:42 AM
Freshman User

Qrazy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Its not for me, but they call it Legend Lime....The 05 Mustang is just plain awesome....If my family didn't come first, I would replace my 02 GT in a second with one......
Old 11-01-2004, 10:01 AM
Senior User

F250Wildman is starting off with a positive reputation.
My brother had '68 lime metallic green gt coupe and that thing was sharp and would run like a scared rabbit.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:29 AM
Posting Guru

78Explorer has a very good reputation on FTE.78Explorer has a very good reputation on FTE.78Explorer has a very good reputation on FTE.
My wife's is a near-stock 2bbl 289 car/C4 auto. I does have long-tube headers, duals with turbo mufflers and a pertronix ignitor - also has 205/70R14 BFG Radial TA's mounted on torque-thrusts D's. It has GT foglamps, flip-down gas cap, GT rear valance with GT-style "quad-tips", and a factory AM/FM radio...

It's a good-looking car but weak on performance. I've told her I'm gonna drop a 390 4bbl in to replace the 289...she won't hear of it...likes it just the way it is.
68 lime gold Mustang coupe - 289/auto (hers)

Old 11-01-2004, 10:29 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Ford vs The Competition