X plan/Y plan/ A plan / Under invoice ??? Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 10:56 AM
Duksrule
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
X plan/Y plan/ A plan / Under invoice ??? Help

Can someone tell me what the plans are? I understand that they are for Ford Employees and comanies that have special deals with Ford. I am just wondering what the price breaks are for the different plans. I am looking for a new 05 SD and am trying to make sence of it all. I have a friend who can get me the X (I think that was it) plan through a friend of his or if I wait till January first he can get me the A-plan. How do these compare to the invoice price? I just saw the post about 200 under invoice for members of FTE so now I am wondering where that fits too.

Thanks for any info.

Old 10-22-2004, 07:13 PM
volley
Senior User
I know for sure A plan is below invoice. Not too sure about the other plans. If you order with Jeff you can get $200 below the A )or whatever plan you use) plan. Good deal!

Old 10-22-2004, 08:13 PM
keith w
Posting Guru
X Plan is the most talked about because it is a easier to get than the others for us non-Ford peeps. On a SD, X Plan will be about 2-300 bucks less than invoice, or somewhere around there. X Plan will be 4% + $150 higher than A/D/Z Plans. If you are qualified for one of those, you probably already know it already. Though I have heard rumors of Ford employees being able to share one A Plan with a non-family member in addition to several X Plans. I am not sure how true that is, but I have heard it. I have no idea what Y Plan is. I have seen some local dealers advertising Y Plan price and I kind thought it meant after you got there and looked around you would say "Y (why) am I here?

Here is something to think about though. If there are no additional X Plan incentives in place, invoice and the AQHA rebate will most likely be the better route to go.

Last edited by keith w; 10-22-2004 at 08:18 PM.
Old 10-23-2004, 10:32 AM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are rumors that Ford employees will soon be able to offer ONE A-Plan (Ford employee price) purchase to a friend, and A-Plan is the lowest price that ANYONE can buy a new Ford for. X-Plan is for employees of companies that do business with Ford in one form or another. A-Plan would be a huge savings for you on a Super-Duty ($1500 or more). My policy on price is that we'll sell it to you for $200 below your best available price. For most, that's $200 below invoice. If you get X-Plan, then it's $200 below X. If you can get the A-Plan, then I'll sellit for $200 below A-Plan.

Old 10-23-2004, 11:55 AM
Fat Mike
Senior User
Wow! I didn't know you went under plan prices as well. I'm using A Plan to buy and another 2 bills off of that would RULE. Too bad your dealership is 3000 miles away.

Old 10-23-2004, 02:07 PM
Duksrule
Tuned
Originally Posted by 1956MarkII
There are rumors that Ford employees will soon be able to offer ONE A-Plan (Ford employee price) purchase to a friend, and A-Plan is the lowest price that ANYONE can buy a new Ford for. X-Plan is for employees of companies that do business with Ford in one form or another. A-Plan would be a huge savings for you on a Super-Duty ($1500 or more). My policy on price is that we'll sell it to you for $200 below your best available price. For most, that's $200 below invoice. If you get X-Plan, then it's $200 below X. If you can get the A-Plan, then I'll sellit for $200 below A-Plan.
So I should wait till the new year. He can get me the A-plan but I guess he only gets 2 a year and they are gone for this year.

Old 10-23-2004, 03:34 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you can get A-Plan, and you don't mind waiting, then it would be worth your while to wait. Chances are, rebates will only get better by then, anyways.

Old 10-23-2004, 04:10 PM
04ASGreen
Junior User
Red face

I qualified for the "Partner Recognition Program" or "X" plan, when I purchased my truck. What it amounted to in my case was about $2000 off the MSRP +$3500 rebate+$1000 cash back. I ain't good at dealin' with car lots, in fact I hate it, because no matter what I feel like someone else could have got it cheaper. At least in this case, there was a percieved, if not actual cost reduction. Then they take you in the back room and start working you over with the "extended warranty" and "credit insurance". Next thing that ya' know, you are almost back up to where you started, unless you put your foot down and say enough. Anyway, all dealers may not honor these plans and your savings depends on the price of the vehicle. I have seen offers better than what I realized advertised since my purchase, two months ago.

Old 10-23-2004, 08:45 PM
SirHailstone
Elder User
Originally Posted by 1956MarkII
*kicks self in ***** Damn Jeff wish I'd known that for the Heritage I'm likely getting on Z. I figured [read: ***-u-me-d] you couldn't afford to go below A/Z Plan since it's already below invoice and that I'd been just as well off to go to my local dealer than it would be to come to upstate NY. No I haven't taken delivery yet - but they've already went thru the work of getting me financed (at 6.5% I might add .. better than the 8 they told me before) and the saleslady called me tonight asking me when if I'd like to hold off on taking delivery until after the quits raining this weekend so they can prep it properly.