Alabama Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:

Chapter Leader Discussions (merged threads into one)

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 10:01 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Please Elect Chapter Leader

This Chapter needs a leader very quickly.

Please elect a chapter leader as soon as possible.

If you need the info on how to do it, other chapters that have leaders can help you.

Old 10-11-2004, 02:25 PM
BrianA
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We need a leader....

As mentioned in Dennis' post we nede to elect a chapter leader.
Here is the info cut/pasted so everyone can look it over. Give it some thought and let's get prepared to select a leader.

Starting A Chapter

Is your region missing from the Chapters list? If you would like to organize a Chapter in your region please read the overview and submit a proposal when you are ready. Additionally, you are welcome to discuss starting a Chapter in the General Chapter Discussion forum.

Chapter Overview And Rules

In order to start a Chapter you must have minimum of 5 FTE members willing to join. Each member must be an active FTE user for at least 30 days. The member organizing the Chapter must be an FTE user for at least 60 days.

Once the Chapter is formed, you must organize an off-line meeting of the Chapter to elect a Chapter Leader and any additional officers your Chapter may need such as secretary, treasurer, photographer, etc. Each Chapter needs to have one or more persons with a digital camera so Chapter related photos can be maintained in the Chapter Gallery.

The Chapter Leader is responsible for seeking out new Chapter members on the FTE forums (we provide the tools for this), overseeing the organization of events, meetings and gatherings. Additionally, we encourage Chapter members to seek out new members at auto shows, fellow Ford owners in the work place and Ford truck owners you may encounter in your day-to-day life. You may even consider telling local dealerships or auto parts stores about your Chapter.

Chapters may use the FTE logo and domains in unmodified form with prior approval from FTE for each project. Detrimental, malicious, commercial, for-profit or competitive use of the FTE logo or domains is strictly prohibited. If either is used with another logo or domain, permission must be granted in writing.

FTE reserves the right to print and/or sell Chapter t-shirt, bumper stickers, business cards or other Chapter items in its online store or through a third party in order to help support the costs associated with maintaining and promoting the Chapter on FTE.

Chapter Leaders may not hold a similar position or title with a competitive venture, or otherwise have his position on FTE cause a conflict of interest.

Opinions and/or statements expressed by Chapter Leaders, officers and members do not reflect the opinions of "Ford Truck Enthusiasts, Inc.", its officers, directors, employees and shareholders. Ford Truck Enthusiasts, Inc. assumes no liability for direct, indirect, punitive, consequential, special or incidental damages, accident, injury, loss of property, income or life due to use or misuse of opinions, statements or information, actions or inaction of Chapter Leaders, officers and members.

Old 10-11-2004, 04:00 PM
aharrell
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like we are spread all across the state. Might be a little tough for everyone to get together face to face for an offline meeting. We need to get everyones email together in one spot, and then get in the live chat room for the offline meeting.

Old 10-12-2004, 01:32 AM
Twilight Child
Senior User
How bout we all tell about ourselves, ITS LIKE THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL. Im jeff, im almost 18, i drive a red 1993 f-150 with a straight six 300 in it, It will get painted black, and maybe turboed sometime. Or it might just get a 351W, it depends on the mood when parents pull the stops on da hard earned dough i racked up from arbys. Currently 800 in account and 400$ worth of hours not paid for yet due to time lag on paychecks. Soo.... my life... Cars, cars, cars, ma girl, cars, ma girl, cars, cars, and computers.

Aisoft-xtreme@myway.com
Jefftopgun15 (aim)
Sam Wise 2k5 (aim)

Old 10-13-2004, 05:28 AM
Jimjdb1
Elder User
Hey Alabama;

I know that I am an outsider, but I just want to throw my $.02 in here for Chapter leader. This is a suggestion and that is all.

You could do a lot worse than Brian A. for your Chapter Leader if he is willing to get you off the ground. He is an excellent moderator already so he knows what has to be done. I know he is busy but if I could, HE would be the one I would nominate. I know he would do a great job getting the chapter started. I'm sure he would appreciate any help that anyone he could give him. So if I may suggest, BRIAN A For Chapter Leader.

Old 10-13-2004, 05:36 AM
Jimjdb1
Elder User
Smile Nominations for Chapter Leader

I posted this on another page but I thought I would post it on a new post for nominations of Chapter Leaders.

Hey Alabama;

I know that I am an outsider, but I just want to throw my $.02 in here for Chapter leader. This is a suggestion and that is all.

You could do a lot worse than Brian A. for your Chapter Leader if he is willing to get you off the ground. He is an excellent moderator already so he knows what has to be done. I know he is busy but if I could, HE would be the one I would nominate. I know he would do a great job getting the chapter started. I'm sure he would appreciate any help that anyone he could give him. So if I may suggest, BRIAN A For Chapter Leader.

Now is the time to do your nominations. I know that there are other quilified people out there. If you know someone PLEASE nominate them.

Ok, enough of my ranting.

Jim

Old 10-13-2004, 10:39 AM
aharrell
Senior User
I'm right there with you Jimjdb1. Brian A definitley has my nomination, but I was going to wait until a more formal time to voice my nomination. So am I officially nominating Brian A ???? I say YES!!

Old 10-13-2004, 10:32 PM
Twilight Child
Senior User
Brians ait w/ me... I think we give all those who oppose him 1 week to voice their oppinions, and if he accepts, we let him do it.

Old 10-14-2004, 04:34 AM
Jimjdb1
Elder User
SSSSSH:

Don't let him know he has a choise. He just might not want to do it. Let him think that the Alabama Chapter needs him and he is doing his civic duty. He'll never know the difference.

Jim

Old 10-16-2004, 09:30 AM
Jimjdb1
Elder User
Come on guys, this is your chapter. you need to nominate and elect someone for the job of Chapter Leader.

Jim

Old 10-16-2004, 11:19 AM
BrianA
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This process is as slow as smoke off week old dog poop.
Somebody speak up or I'll take the ball and run with it.
We need to get going or it will die on the vine.

Any takers ?????

Old 10-16-2004, 12:08 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
just my .02's you might try e-mailing everyone from "bama"...Use the search feature for looking up members by state, it still work's, just go to Members List. i did this when we started the process...it did help alittle....good luck..

***click here for Members List ***

Go to advance search, type in AL..48 pages x 30 per page showed up...you can weed out who to e-mail by looking at the number of posts they have and how long ago they posted, to determine who to e-mail. it will tell you how active they are on FTE....

Last edited by f=2504by497; 10-16-2004 at 12:22 PM.
Old 10-17-2004, 10:15 AM
jbone108
Senior User
Brain you have my vote. Altough I am willing to help you how ever I can.

Old 10-17-2004, 10:24 PM
DaveMac2Vans
Elder User
Originally Posted by jbone108
Brain you have my vote. Altough I am willing to help you how ever I can.
Same goes for me.

Dave in Madison, AL