S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Alhambra/ East Los Angeles Checking in

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 09:59 PM
Tombstone
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Alhambra/ East Los Angeles Checking in

I have a 2002 F150 supercab longbed 2wd with 4.6. Mods so far: Euro headlights, Pioneer headunit,4 3-wayCerwin Vega 6x8s, 2.5 inch leveling coils, LineX bedliner.

The wife is sporting an 03 Expy 2wd with 5.4. So far I have only swapped the speakers for Cerwin Vega 3 ways on that.

I am a network/server analyst. I can help with pc network problems if needed. Dont everyone call at once!

For leisure: I enjoy my truck. I also have ridden sportbikes and vintage scooters. I learned a lot of mechanics and fabricating dealing with 60's Mustangs and old scooters. I am currently restoring a lambretta scooter.

Nice to see a big and active forum!

Old 10-19-2004, 04:04 PM
Kundalini
Elder User
Originally Posted by Tombstone
For leisure: I enjoy my truck. I also have ridden sportbikes and vintage scooters. I learned a lot of mechanics and fabricating dealing with 60's Mustangs and old scooters. I am currently restoring a lambretta scooter.

Nice to see a big and active forum!
Wow I have not seen a Lambretta in years!! I used to ride a Vespa p200e
I think that is what it was...very cool hobbie!
Takes me back to the good ole "Mod" days

Old 10-26-2004, 06:36 PM
fn250
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey tombstone, nice to know there's a fellow FTE'r in the neighborhood. I'm in Alhambra too, home of the worst drivers in the world.

Old 10-26-2004, 10:27 PM
Tombstone
New User
Originally Posted by Kundalini
Wow I have not seen a Lambretta in years!! I used to ride a Vespa p200e
I think that is what it was...very cool hobbie!
Takes me back to the good ole "Mod" days
Yeh I started out on a p200. The ex mods helped me get it together parts wise. I took a block of wood and a hammer and unsiezed it. I have gone through at least 20 scooters before I sold off the last 3 before I got married and moved out of mom and dads. Scooters can teach you alot about carbueration. I have my own house now so I can store all the junky scooters I can get away with. I still hang out with some of the older ex mods. We have a site for our club. Diablossc.com

Old 10-26-2004, 10:33 PM
Tombstone
New User
Originally Posted by fn250
Hey tombstone, nice to know there's a fellow FTE'r in the neighborhood. I'm in Alhambra too, home of the worst drivers in the world.
Yeh I swear the locals know nothing about taking turns or right of way. To my surprise they are not all that intimidated by my big chrome bumper in their window.

I drive about 3 miles to work everyday. I come home around 5pm for lunch. I take alhambra rd to get home. The locals dont seem to know the rules about stop signs.

Old 11-01-2004, 08:21 PM
Kundalini
Elder User
Originally Posted by Tombstone
Yeh I started out on a p200. The ex mods helped me get it together parts wise. I took a block of wood and a hammer and unsiezed it. I have gone through at least 20 scooters before I sold off the last 3 before I got married and moved out of mom and dads. Scooters can teach you alot about carbueration. I have my own house now so I can store all the junky scooters I can get away with. I still hang out with some of the older ex mods. We have a site for our club. Diablossc.com
Cool site.. I checked out the links too and saw some pics that were great! Man those were the days! Gotta love the Mods and the Punks too, since many Mods went to the other side eventually! Good to see the rallys are still going on! Thanks for the trip down memory lane! Now I have go dig up some old photos from the last rally I went on, I believe it made front page news in 83?? Its been awhile. Midnight shows of Quadrophenia, smoking cloves.. too funny

Old 11-05-2004, 12:12 PM
Duane K
New User
Boyle Heights here and it's nice to know that theirs Ford lovers near buy.