1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Need help with logo !

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 10:30 PM
TryMe
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help with logo !

Hi guys ! Just finishing up my new truck project. Well hopefully in 3 weeks or less. And though I might get a few good ideas from some of you guys. This truck is a 1950 Ford F-3 Wrecker. With everything almost 50s except for the running gear. Its got a rebuilt 460 w/ 4 speed granny and a 2 speed rear. But I am talkin to a guy about a 5 speed trans. So no driveshaft or pto yet. Its not your average home built unit. Its a factory holmes unit. with dual winches and split booms ( its huge). like dual 3" stacks,kind of heavy duty. Also kind of neat. The sides of the holmes unit was dented so I replaced some of the sheetmetal, to cut down on the metal work and bondo. Im even going to stick with the orginal colors But enough of that ! Heres what I am looking for. Being thats its not for a wrecker business,just personal use. I like to put something on the side of it. Like on the doors,hood,and sides Like one idea,was to paint Gomers Wrecker service with a logo something like the old mobile gas station horse, It was like red with wings, then makeup a crazy towns name, having a phone number something like BR-842. Yep just like it would of been in the 50s. In a small rural town. I would be grateful when you get a chance,if your put on your thinkin cap. And let me know if you have any ideas. Or if you happen to run across any pictures of old wreckers send them to. If you have any questions, pictures or ideas email me or send me a message. If you like me to post what u send me ,so yall can pick which are the best. Thats possible I think to. If FTE will let us.
THANKS !!

Old 10-18-2004, 07:27 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
Tracy,

One of the first things you have to do, I think, is get some pictures in your gallery. I have seen pictures of you extended cab and now you have another interesting truck. Your public has a right to see these beauties. Also, I like tow trucks and I want to see your new project.

As for ideas, I will stress my brain and see if I can come up with something.

Old 10-18-2004, 04:40 PM
StarFox
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recall back in my hometown the phone numbers began with 'volunteer', as in vol-4854. Interesting thought you have here....you could be creative and tongue-in-cheek, or more 'reality based'.