2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any great solutions for those who want a bed cover but sometimes need to use bed on t

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 02:28 AM
ITDave
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any great solutions for those who want a bed cover but sometimes need to use bed on t

Any great solutions for those who want a bed cover but sometimes need to use bed on the fly without going home to remove hard top?

What do you think of this one?

Anyone have it?

http://www.lundlook.com/products/bed...sisrolled.html

Also still trying to decide between Rhyno and Line X Spray in.....

Thanks,
Dave

Old 10-17-2004, 07:33 AM
YOMAN
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have Accescover and its best i ever has!

I do have Rhino in bed and no problem at all.

I m happy with it

Rhino and X liner are very good but MOST important is that they must do the proper way to take care of bed before spray it onto bed otherwise they ll mess it up like easy to peel, rip etc.

I have seen in here forum- someones truck with rhino, easy to peel off, bad job..

I have seen in person liner-X does the same.

So again its a must do proper process job on it then its GOOD!

YOMAN!

Old 10-17-2004, 08:32 AM
SHANE_2
Senior User
I prefer the access cover or whatever by Pace Edwards. I had the on my Superduty and liked it. Mainly because it is lockable. The soft covers provide NO security.

I have the Rhino in mine and like it. There has been MANY descussions about Rhino and Line-X. And which is better. It is all a matter of opinion and what you want. They are both great. Rhino is usually more rubbery and Line-X is a Harder/rougher liner. I prefer Rhino because it is more rubbery and grips your cargo load better to prevent it from sliding around as easy. Again, just MY opinion.

Shane

Old 10-17-2004, 03:00 PM
EMB135Driver
Junior User
I bought a low profile Truxedo tonneau cover and love it.....got it on e-bay for 370 delivered. It locks kind of like the Access cover, but after looking at both I liked it better as the locking is automatic every time you close it....with a locking tailgate it will deter some petty thieves but nothing will stop a hardcore pro with a desire to see whats in the back.

I had an Arma Coating liner sprayed in....just like Line-X...very pleased with it...tough stuff. Look for a Hot, High Pressure application...the Rhino one goes on at lower pressure and temperature and is susceptible to drips and spray irregularities.

Old 10-17-2004, 08:24 PM
project screw
Freshman User
Fold-A-Cover

I'd heard good things about Fold-A-Cover a while back...Anyone using one on the 2004 SCrew?

Old 10-17-2004, 10:42 PM
ScruDriver
New User
I'd go with Access or Truxedo. I once owned a truck that was featured in a Lund magazine ad which had the roll-up tonneau, but as much as I love Lund products, this is not one of their best.

Old 10-17-2004, 10:52 PM
blitzen25bm
Elder User
anyone seen or read anything about the lund genesis hitched cover. its just a soft tonneau but it has a frame to lift and it locks.

Old 10-17-2004, 11:26 PM
ITDave
Elder User
Originally Posted by blitzen25bm
anyone seen or read anything about the lund genesis hitched cover. its just a soft tonneau but it has a frame to lift and it locks.
Is that the one I posted on the top posting?

Thanks,
Dave

Old 10-18-2004, 06:25 AM
flossinb
Freshman User
i also have the Truxedo Lo-Profile and the rhino liner. i love them both glad i didn't get anything else.

Old 10-18-2004, 11:34 AM
tank55
Senior User
Dave
I just bought a Retrax and bed rug. It should be delivered today or tomorrow. I'll let you know how it works by the end of the week.

Old 10-18-2004, 05:38 PM
blitzen25bm
Elder User
Originally Posted by ITDave
Is that the one I posted on the top posting?

Thanks,
Dave
yours is the roll up. the hinged one has a frame with hinges to flip up so its just like a hard tonneau except its not.

Old 10-18-2004, 06:11 PM
ITDave
Elder User
What are advantages?

Originally Posted by blitzen25bm
yours is the roll up. the hinged one has a frame with hinges to flip up so its just like a hard tonneau except its not.
If it is just like a Hard Tonneau, what are the advantages? I was thinking of going with a soft so that I could use it without driving clear home to take the top off when I need it.

Thanks,

Dave

Old 10-18-2004, 06:12 PM
ITDave
Elder User
Retrax?

Originally Posted by tank55
Dave
I just bought a Retrax and bed rug. It should be delivered today or tomorrow. I'll let you know how it works by the end of the week.
What type of retrax?

Thanks,

Dave

Old 10-18-2004, 11:13 PM
blitzen25bm
Elder User
Originally Posted by ITDave
If it is just like a Hard Tonneau, what are the advantages? I was thinking of going with a soft so that I could use it without driving clear home to take the top off when I need it.

Thanks,

Dave
thats why i asked if anyone had it, i was wondering if you can get it to peel off a corner to stick out some 2x4s or something like. probably still going to go with the hinged ones because i can still stick stuff out without worrying about cracking a hard tonneau. eitherway with this if im going to homedepot i can take it off a lot easier than a hard tonneau.

Old 10-19-2004, 12:45 AM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
After ten days I like my Fold-a-Cover better than when I first installed it. On trips to Lowes or Home Depot I just flip it up, revealing three quarters of the bed. plyboard just slips under the last panel. It locks when you close it. One weird thing, do to the positioning of the locks, you can't really put the key to the locks on your keyring. You would scratch up the black finish when you folded one panel onto another. I'm thinking of makeing it keyless, with a door lock solenoid... Project for next month.
Chris