2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Replacement Wind Shileds? I have had problems with Cheapo's in the past....

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 12:16 PM
ITDave
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Best Replacement Wind Shileds? I have had problems with Cheapo's in the past....

What is the best Replacement Wind Shileds? I have had problems with Cheapo's in the past....

Thanks,

Dave

Old 10-13-2004, 03:02 PM
Cincy F150
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Genuine CarLite is the only replacement. I picked up a rock the second week I had mine and I told them factory glass only. I too had a cheapo before and it cracked by itself because it wasn't they same tolerances as factory. The window place said they had three others do the same. Now they only will replace with factory glass.

Old 10-13-2004, 05:04 PM
ITDave
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Carlite?

Originally Posted by Cincy F150
Genuine CarLite is the only replacement. I picked up a rock the second week I had mine and I told them factory glass only. I too had a cheapo before and it cracked by itself because it wasn't they same tolerances as factory. The window place said they had three others do the same. Now they only will replace with factory glass.
So, I want to tell them Genuine Carlite? That will get me factory glass?

Thanks again for the clarification,

Dave

Old 10-14-2004, 07:15 AM
gpeade
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This Post I Can Directly Relate To, I'm In The Glass Business.

Yes Carlite Is The Oem Glass But I Would Have To Say That Ppg Brand Is Just As Good. The Main Thing You Want To Look Out For Is Private Brands Used By Some Nationwide Companies( Some Make Thier Own).there Are Also Foreign Brands That Don't Fit Well.
Also Watch Out For Who Does The Replacement. This Is Definately A Repair I Would Not Let The Dealer Do, Because They Don't Do It. What They Don't Like To Tell You Is They Call A Local Glass Shop To Do The Replacement And In My 20 Years In The Business The Dealers I Have Had Association With Want Whoever Will Do It The Cheapest!!!
That's Their Only Criteria.
Carlite Brand Glass Is Available From Sources Other Than The Dealer Which Will Lower Cost Amd Any Reliable Shop Will Allready Have A Relationship With A Carlite Dist.
Also Never Let A Body Shop Replace Your Windshield!
For Anyone Who Disagrees With My Comments, I Cannot Speak For The Entire Country But These Statements Are Definately True In My Neck Of The Woods