Free Dyno Day at BD in Abbotsford Canada.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 01:04 PM
Powerstroke2000
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Free Dyno Day at BD in Abbotsford Canada.

Just thought I would mention that there is a free Dyno Day for Diesel enthusiests on October 16th.
Dyno is free, as is lunch! Come one...come all, as I've been to several, and its always a great time, and the diesel smoke is free as well.

Dale

Old 10-12-2004, 08:37 PM
"Beemer Nut"
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dyno day

That sounds great, they would charge just to enter in Calif. Powerstroke, could you please post some results on this forum? Stock RWHP & TQ and modified trucks RWHP & TQ. Thanks. Carl.......o&o>........

Old 10-12-2004, 10:04 PM
kooper909
Elder User
Oh man .. I wish I could go... though my little 223 sixer definitely wouldn't be racking up some very impressive numbers.

Old 01-09-2005, 04:12 PM
kingranchf350
New User
just curious when is the next free dyno day out there?

Old 01-10-2005, 09:06 PM
baitmaster
Posting Guru
$50 for the dyno trip in my part of the world.

Old 01-11-2005, 01:53 PM
Powerstroke2000
Senior User
Sorry for the late reply guys, but it's been a busy time of the year.

First off, you can see the latest results here http://www.bd-power.com/dynoday/index.php as all the three big HP numbers where Dodges, but overall...it was a great time. You can also click on the photo archives which will show photo's of many of the trucks that dynoed...although my truck is basically stock looking, and they tend to take pics of the lifted fancy ones...which is fine.

My old girl Dynoed at 390.2 rear wheel HP, which would put 'er at about 460 HP at the flywheel (thereabouts, using 20% gain/loss #) which for me is fine for a '95 Powerstroke with my stock fuel system and stock turbo.

It shows the next FREE Dyno day being in "Spring of 2005" but the last spring dyno's have usually always been in April, so I'd assume this one will be the same. Overall, its a great time, with all Diesel enthusiests (and others) coming together to talk trucks, Diesels, power, modifications and horsepower/torque they are putting out.
There are many stock trucks that are run on the dyno, all the way up to the BIG HP trucks in the afternoon. They like to run 300 HP and under up to about noon, and then run the higher HP after letting the Dyno cool down for about a half hour, where they then run the high HP guys/gals.
Last year a woman won "High HP" running just Diesel fuel (no NOS/propane) with her Dodge, which was nice to see. A Ford won the overall high HP at 490 RWHP, in which he ran some propane as well.

Normally, you don't see too many Dyno Days where an actual web page is made up for the individual day of Dynoing, but BD is proud of giving this day to the community at large (which I commend them for) which is free, where they also feed the entire group for free as well!
If we could only get some of the BIG HP Ford boys up, it sure would make things interesting!

I'll try to remember to update this, when I find out more on the exact date of the next FREE BD Dyno Day.

Dale

Old 01-11-2005, 03:01 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
This is a single vendor gathering for potential customers, not an event. Let's not kid ourselves, BD is doing it for the free advertising they get on their competitors (us) web site and for the customers it brings in. Next "event" they'll need to pay to advertise it here, just as a Ford dealer pays to advertise free lunch on the radio.... unless, of course, they agree to give out MotorHaven.com promotional flyers with coupons at their "event."