Why is my Bronco so Dusty? - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Why is my Bronco so Dusty?

Old 10-15-2004, 06:22 PM
Senior User

tombob is starting off with a positive reputation.
Talking

Come on guys! With all the great, creative mechanical minds on this forum, someone should be able to figure out a way to defeat the dust.

Do the late-model Broncos ('94-'96) have this problem? Surely they are sealed up better than my old '80 whose body and hardware are about the same quality as a Wal-mart cheese grater?
Old 10-15-2004, 09:43 PM
Elder User

ANdrewdrice is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a 95 bronco, and dust is still a problem. I live with it because I live in a small-ish town. I go offroading quite a bit, and thats where the problem lies. if your roads are paved, then you dont have that problem as much. I go out shooting, hunting, fishing, wheeling almost every weekend and that is why dust is in my truck, you cant stop it, it is what the planet is made of. my dad has an 03 expedition, and a 2000 xterra, both have dust in them. it all depends on where you live and where you go.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:33 PM
Elder User

ms_michelle has a great reputation on FTE.ms_michelle has a great reputation on FTE.ms_michelle has a great reputation on FTE.ms_michelle has a great reputation on FTE.
Red face

I think it is a common trate of the Broncos to get dust inside. What irks me is when I am four wheeling in the mountains and forget to let the back window all the way up and suddenly when I start choking on dust I think of it. By that time the inside is covered with dust. You can see the ole Bronco on my web site at www.michellesfords.com just go to the bottom of the first page and click on Bronco.

Michelle
Old 02-06-2017, 06:31 AM
New User

bsd4083 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tombob View Post
I have had other vehicles that I have used on dusty country roads and have never had a dust problem to the extent I have in my Bronco. However, it is some odd comfort to know that others are experiencing the same frustration.

I bought on of those huge Rubbermaid storage boxes to keep in the cargo area and I put stuff in there that I don't want to get dusty.
glad to know i am not alone..;; but this is solveable.... my seals are great i live in the country so i fight this fine dust.... FYI FOLKS IT COMES IN ON THE PASSENGER SIDE BELOW THE DASH AND ABOVE THY PASSENGER KICK PANEL...we are looking for a hole, crack, missing firewall seal or the like..even a worn air intake seal on the heat and air system rebuilding this car and pulling the engine will post if i find it... please do the same on this post thanks therin
Old 02-06-2017, 05:46 PM
Senior User

EDC8008 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I'm down working in Argentina and even with a 3 year old Hilux dust will find a way in especially the fines. Yes Broncos seem to be worse especially after they get a few years and miles on em, normal wear and they just don't fit together as well and there it is.

I suppose you can go through and replace all the weather stripping, door and window seals, adjust all the doors and windows but it's gonna be a moot point unless you do this and there may still be some leakage. You can reduce but it will most likely still leak.