Illinois Chapter Join Chapter Leader: wpnaes

Chapters Third Meeting

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 04:02 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chapters Third Meeting

Well.. another successful meeting is behind us, our next meeting in November is in sight.

I'll select the site shortly, we'll meet in the Orland Park - Tinley Park area for November to allow others to attend and even out the driving distance.

Of these November dates, which meets our needs best? The 7th - 14th or 21st?

I would like to have our next meeting farther NORTH followed by a meeting farther SOUTH.

Would there be the need to suspend a December meeting or meet early in the month? Let me know what you would like to do there?

The poll at our last meeting brought something to mind after reading the results from the meeting.

Rather than a recruiting "Contest"............would everyone feel okay if we simply recognize those members who, in a calendar year, have the most results?

This eliminates any misunderstandings and sore feelings due to setting this up as a "competition" rather than a membership drive. I should have worded the poll differently.

If there are any members interested, I believe we could benefit from having a recording secretary at this point.

Remember to begin to sketch your ideas for a chapter logo.

I have found three potential vendors for the stickers/decals.

I'm looking for a source to have things embroidered easily in numbers less than one hundred.

Well, let me know what dates are best, Thanks! Fastronald

Last edited by Fastronald; 10-11-2004 at 04:06 PM.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:36 PM
JohnT
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Ron, I think the Nov.7 date sounds good for our November meeting. As far as a December meeting, I don't think we should suspend it, maybe just have it early in Dec., like the first or second Sunday.--John

Old 10-11-2004, 09:48 PM
fairmontman
Junior User
November 7th sounds good to me,any of the other dates would be ok to with me.I also think having a December meeting early in the month would be a good idea. Bob

Old 10-11-2004, 11:58 PM
bDavidb
Freshman User
Nov and Dec meetings

Yes to both, November date and December meeting early to mid-month!

Old 10-12-2004, 03:11 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
Third Meeting Date

Okay...I have to agree with the date of the 7th as well. So.........lets plan on meeting on the 7th for our third meeting.

I'll have the location selected by Friday this week.

Question..........would anyone care to meet at the Patio in Orland or another location? The Orland Park Patio was not on my short list, but the Darien location was a nice place. Just asking is all.

Hopefully, I'll have the new recruiter sheet approved and ready to hand out then.

In early 2005, I'd like to set up a meeting in Gilman, Illinois just off I - 57
(exit 283) so members farther south are able to participate. The location would be the Burger King there.

Keep working on the chapter logo idea too. Fastronald

Old 10-13-2004, 07:40 AM
cjf5150
Senior User
I have recently moved to the Chicago area and would like some more information on joining the Illinois chapter. I currently own a 74 F250 that needs a little work (don't they all), but is being stored at my in-laws in Iowa until my wife and I find a house. We are currently in Lombard, but may be moving towards the Elgin area.

Also, my sister in Cedar Rapids owns an embroidery/monogram business that specializes in work with small quantities for clubs, schools, special events, etc. I can provide her name and contact info if you need it.

Thanks
Chris

Old 10-13-2004, 11:00 AM
95F250NUT
Senior User
Hey Chris click on this link and it will take you to where you need to go to join. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=293367 Welcome and you will enjoy becoming a member. I live in Villa Park and we are thinking if selling our house and buying a bigger one. If your interested in a small house on a 50x200 lot let me know. Alot of new stuff and probably the cheapest house in the 4 surrounding towns. Again WELCOME and we will see you at our next Chapter meeting -- Tim

Old 10-14-2004, 06:15 PM
JohnT
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Ron, Nov. 7 sounds good to me! Carol and I will be there. The Orland Park Patio sounds like a good location. -John

Old 10-14-2004, 08:54 PM
fairmontman
Junior User
The Orland park patio is a nice location. Bob

Old 10-15-2004, 01:27 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
Meeting location

Well....then the Patio it is.

It's locted in Orland Park on 159th Street WEST of Harlem ave/rt 43 and EAST of La Grange road/rt 45 on the NORTH side of the street.

Be sure to bring your logo ideas for the members to enjoy and discuss.

I have not heard back from the site/webmaster about the recruiter/information sheet yet.

I'm drafting a letter to be sent to area dealers to gage interest of allowing us to meet there and co-host a swap meet or show. (been busy sending out resumes still)

See you on the 7th! Fastronald

Old 10-19-2004, 08:28 PM
bDavidb
Freshman User
Ron, I can't answer e-mail using the form untill I've been a member for 15 days and posted 15 messages, I have lived out of the area for so long (over 20 years) I wouldn't be a good source for info on locations yet...I just moved back here from Miami last January. The Orland Park Patio sounds fine to me, too!!

Old 10-26-2004, 08:30 AM
Fastronald
Elder User
Meeting

Thanks David..........We can discuss the next location in the November meeting.

I still have not gotten approval for the interest/information sheet from Ken Payne.

It may be best to start the recruiter project in January of 2005.

I've sent out over 200 resumes so far in the past three weeks or so. Have a promising interview Wednesday.

Also at the November meeting we can discuss John's excellent suggestion of a 2005 "truck show/get together".

A location could be suggested by the members.

Thus far, the contact letter to area dealers has had no answer. Maybe after the first of the year, I'll begin again on this project.

With John having had "An Adventure" after our last meeting, I'd like to suggest we start a phone address contact list. We did briefly discuss it prior to the adventure. I beliieve it is an idea whose time has come. If not everyones name and number and e-mail, perhaps the officers as a beginning?

Looking forward to seeing everyone there in November, Fastronald

Old 10-26-2004, 10:44 AM
bDavidb
Freshman User
Good idea about the contact list, it will help if there is a member with trouble, like John, and it will encourage further contact between like-minded members.

Old 10-26-2004, 11:15 AM
91f250460
Senior User
Gilman, excellent I might be able to make that meeting! Remember, maybe most, but not everybody in Illinois lives in the Chicago area. And those that do are probably better people than me, I damn near stroke out and I know my blood pressure quadruples any time I am driving anywhere near Chicago . Glad to hear the chapter is growing and moving forward. And please keep the Gilman idea in mind. If you do want a meeting site south of Chicago let me know and I could probably come up with a couple of good locations.

T. Roberts
UFD Local 1147

Old 11-03-2004, 04:34 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
Meeting

When we meet on Sunday.............park on the WEST side of the building. We'll assemble there and walk in as a group.

I have more sheets to hand out and review.

I also have sheets to fill out for our phone/e-mail contact list as well.

We'll fill them out and I'll record the information/etc. and I'll make a complete list to either e-mail or hand out at our December meeting.

We'll discuss locations farther NORTH for the December meeting and locations farther SOUTH for the January meeting as well as Carol's suggestion for a member of the month in addition to the "Truck Show".

After the first of the year, I'll try again to find a dealer to co-sponsor a show/swap with us and allow us to meet on their site as well to establish base locations.

Remember to bring any suggestions for a Chapter logo.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and additional new faces.

Thanks, Ron

Last edited by Fastronald; 11-03-2004 at 04:36 PM.