Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

My Ideas for the Advancement of Ford Motor Co.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 07:37 PM
Musclecar_Fan
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about the 6.1 L HEMI. Is it a marketing tool aswell. Do some reading on that engine then talk to me about marketing tools.

Last edited by Musclecar_Fan; 10-12-2004 at 07:41 PM.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:42 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well its to early to say. Hopefully it will be better then the current hemi. I will do some research before I answer.

Old 10-12-2004, 07:55 PM
FordLariat
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If it's called a Hemi and it ain't a Hemi, then yes, it's a marketing tool. I don't have to read up on it, it's a blatant lie because the only thing Dodge fans can think of that was ever remotley competitive is the Hemi, so they named new engines that aren't Hemis the Hemi. Hope this clears things up, when you lie or use a name to imply something that just isn't true, it's a marketing ploy. I don't care what power it makes, it isn't a Hemi.

Old 10-12-2004, 08:18 PM
Musclecar_Fan
Senior User
Originally Posted by FordLariat
If it's called a Hemi and it ain't a Hemi, then yes, it's a marketing tool. I don't have to read up on it, it's a blatant lie because the only thing Dodge fans can think of that was ever remotley competitive is the Hemi, so they named new engines that aren't Hemis the Hemi. Hope this clears things up, when you lie or use a name to imply something that just isn't true, it's a marketing ploy. I don't care what power it makes, it isn't a Hemi.
This post is 100% wrong. The new hemi is infact a HEMI. It has HEMIspherical combustion chambers and HEMIspherical cylinder heads. Aswell as two sparkplugs per cylinder. If you ask me I think you do need to do some reading, and fast if you come right out and say that it is a blatant lie. Yes I will agree with you that Dodge and Daimlerchrysler as a whole did use this a a big part of thier marketing for the Ram pickup and now the 300 and Magnum. But the engine is a HEMI. Plain and simple. The HEMI of the 60s was a legendary motor and was a littl more than"remotely competitive" in its day. You should also do some reading on that HEMI aswell you may learn something. Next time you make a post like that, make sure you have done some research and have some proof to back up your statements.

Old 10-12-2004, 08:32 PM
AG4.0
Posting Guru
6.1 Hemi, 6000 RPM HP peak. It will be great in the 300C, but at that power rating, requires premiu fuel, so if a version were to come along that could handle regular, which is what I would prefer a truck motor be, it would probably be short 30 HP or so, even the 5.7 Hemi recomends 89 octane. The Hemis aren't a joke, they do make very good power, but they have to rev quite high to get it, which will be ok for a car, but would not desire it in a truck. Also, I feel that the Titans 5.6 outdoes the Hemi. It may not have the HP, but has more torque at lower RPM's and has shown to do better (be faster) unloaded or pulling than the Hemi. I still would prefer a F150, because I feel it is the best overall, even if it is a bit short in the HP department. It still has more than enough power for what most people need, and gets its torque down low where it is most needed.

Old 10-12-2004, 08:46 PM
FordLariat
Posting Guru
A Hemi, as implied by Dodge, is a 426 carbeurated motor. I have yet to see this in anything manufactured after the year 2000 with a Hemi badge on it. It's a name used to sell vehicles. Dodge isn't the end-all be-all never cut-corners or try to get one over on the customers that you would have them believe. They aren't the only sheep in a pack of wolves, lol.

Old 10-12-2004, 09:02 PM
Musclecar_Fan
Senior User
You talk like you are 4 years old. The old HEMI was a 426 carberated motor. The name HEMI, is aplied to an engine with hemispherical cylinder heads and comustion chamber. Not the displacement of the engine, and the fact that its carberated.

Definition of HEMI: (just like I said)

The term HEMI references the hemispherical
combustion chambers in the engine's heads.
The chamber design puts the intake/exhaust
valves in-line, rather than side-by-side. This
allows for better flow of air through the head.
The spark plug in the center of the chamber
creates a better ignition of the fuel/air. Both
of these major aspects help make hemi-type
engines produce more efficiency and power.

While Mopar is not the only company to have
used a hemi-type engine, they have been the
most successful at mass-producing them for
the general public (and for the racing scene).

courtesy of: www.thehemi.com

Last edited by Musclecar_Fan; 10-12-2004 at 09:06 PM.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:14 PM
FordLariat
Posting Guru
Right, you can say that the motor is technically a hemi, but `THE` hemi is a 426, I don't care what kind of heads it has. To call something else a Hemi is a lie.

Old 10-12-2004, 10:39 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Right, you can say that the motor is technically a hemi, but `THE` hemi is a 426, I don't care what kind of heads it has. To call something else a Hemi is a lie.
"THE Hemi" might be the 426, but the 5.7 and the 6.1 are still "a Hemi"
I remember the days when we had 265 inline 6 Hemi's in Chargers, and they where gun cars.
If a 265 inline 6 can be a Hemi, surely a 5.7 V8 can be...

Old 10-13-2004, 01:30 AM
Budly
Senior User
WRONG AGAIN! MOPAR made the 300C 392, A311, 301,354, AND 426 hemi's before the 5.7 and 6.1.

Old 10-13-2004, 02:34 AM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There realy a semi hemi not a true hemi.

Old 10-13-2004, 03:21 AM
FordLariat
Posting Guru
Be careful, 150Ford, you'll get flamed HARD for saying anything bad about the Hemi on this website.

Old 10-13-2004, 01:33 PM
Ringo Fonebone
Posting Guru
Ford really blew it when they didn't built this one
http://www.autointell.com/nao_compan...ty-nine-01.htm
they have the right concepts and the wrong people deciding what to built it seems

Old 10-13-2004, 02:39 PM
Budly
Senior User
Be careful, 150Ford, you'll get flamed HARD for saying anything bad about the Hemi on this website.
No you get flamed for being ignorant on the concept of the HEMI and its production (ie. YOU). And yes 150 I agree with you on the 5.7 and 6.1 being semi hemi's but as i explained in another thread, the general public is to dumb to realize this so they think they are getting a helluva deal.

Old 10-13-2004, 02:41 PM
Musclecar_Fan
Senior User
Thats a beutifull car. Ford should have made that. That would sell extremely well in the market right now. Like the Chrysler 300 is selling.

FordLariat I see you'v been at it again. Nobody will flame you for saying bad things about the HEMI. Only whe you say that something isn't what it is. And you have done that repeatadly. I just joined FTE and I'm already annoyed by your way of thinking. I could only imagine what you have been putting the fine people at FTE through for god knows how long. Your just plain ignorant when it comes to posting.

Last edited by Musclecar_Fan; 10-13-2004 at 02:43 PM.

Quick Reply: My Ideas for the Advancement of Ford Motor Co.