1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speaker Install

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 03:07 PM
tarscraper
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speaker Install

Using Eureka Boy's instructions I had no problem at all installing the front speakers on my F250 03 Extended Cab. However his instructions for the rear doors are a little different than what my truck looks like. Different years.

Can anyone tell me how to get the panels off the rear doors?

thanks

Old 10-07-2004, 03:22 PM
Big Orn
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Don't have my Chilton's with me, but I think mine just unsnapped at the bottom, slid up, then off.
Fairly simple, but not real sure if that's all there is to it. Got a Chilton's?

Old 10-07-2004, 03:31 PM
tarscraper
Senior User
Hey Orn,

No Chiltons here. I will go out and give her a tug at the bottom and see if there is any play. Just trying to make sure I don't pop off a tab somewhere. I am sure the dealer must get $1000 to replace that beautiful piece of plastic.

Old 10-07-2004, 03:38 PM
tarscraper
Senior User
Well I tried pulling the panel away from the door at the bottom. It didn't feel like it wanted to go so I backed off. I know these pressure fits always feel that way but I just want to make sure before I really try to move it. So if someone knows for sure...

Old 10-07-2004, 04:25 PM
Big Orn
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tarscraper
Well I tried pulling the panel away from the door at the bottom. It didn't feel like it wanted to go so I backed off. I know these pressure fits always feel that way but I just want to make sure before I really try to move it. So if someone knows for sure...
Don't pull it out, tarscraper!!!

Yikes! Sorry about that. It just don't snap off! The bottom panel cannot come off before you remove the top panel. Maybe someone will come along that's done this. But I was WRONG!

Here's somebody that knows:
Originally Posted by charlesvalentine
After sliding into a tree in the mud... I got to do this to pop out the dents. There are two pieces to the SC door. BE careful when following these instructions cuz I am going from memory. The good news is that I did not have a hard time figureing out how to do this.

1.) Remove the two screws that hold the window squeeze hinge to the door
2.) Pop the top section off carefully
3.) as I remember a screw/bolt that holds the bottom section to the door. There may be 2 so ck carfully.
4.) Remove those bolts
5.) pop off/lift up the lower section
6.) viola!

Took me about 2 minutes total, even with figuring it out. I found a tape covered screwdriver helpful for the operation.

99 F250SD EC 5.4L 3.73 285 BFG/ATs...
99 Expy EB 5.4L

Last edited by Big Orn; 10-07-2004 at 04:41 PM.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:51 PM
tarscraper
Senior User
Thanks Orn,

I will try the posted instruction's in the AM and report back.

It is interesting to hear the difference in quality of the new speakers vs. the OEM's. I got the pioneer 3 ways that Walmart stocks for $56.00/pair. Someone recommended them a few weeks ago on the board. Can't beat the price and they are an exact replacement except for the speaker wire connectors. I had to cut them off and then figure out ford's wiring code. I think it was designed to confuse. 4 wires total between the two speakers..all different colors. What ever happend to red and black? The OEM speakers do not give any indicators on them either.

With the help of my voltmeter it was simple to figure out.

Last edited by tarscraper; 10-07-2004 at 05:54 PM.
Old 10-08-2004, 05:12 AM
V10man
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You can buy plug adapters for the speaker wires.. about $9 a pair.... Wal-Mart may even have them.

Old 10-08-2004, 09:43 AM
tarscraper
Senior User
Hey Orn,

All set. Those directions were perfect. Thanks

V10 I did it the old fashion way. Clipped them off and soldered the wires up. A little elctrical tape for good measure.

Sounds great!