Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Dodge stepping up with the new Power Wagon

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 03:21 AM
Logical Heritic
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BTW I think the nv271 is one of the beefiest tcases nv makes.

Old 10-14-2004, 05:08 PM
bigbluebronco43
Elder User
150Ford if you reread my posts you'll see that I was talking about the Ram before Ford revamped its truck lineup. I have driven all 3 trucks, and the F150 is definitely the most comfortable of all of them-almost carlike. I'd choose the F150 over the Dodge for reasons,and I'd choose the Dodge over the Ford for other reasons. I won't say one is a better truck than the other because one isn't better than the other in EVERY aspect.

Old 10-14-2004, 08:14 PM
99PSDCREW
Senior User
I'm appalled!! You're just like 8 yr olds: "my dad's bigger than yours" Be young again!!

Old 10-15-2004, 08:56 PM
MAC-TRUCK
New User
Check out the link

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...02276468&EDATE=

P.S. Not intended to be a Ford slam, just info I saw on another site concerning the New Power Wagon.

Old 10-15-2004, 10:01 PM
superdutyspv
Senior User
Personally, I can't wait to see what Ford comes out with to compete with Dodge.

Old 10-15-2004, 11:04 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 277 Likes on 140 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by superdutyspv
Personally, I can't wait to see what Ford comes out with to compete with Dodge.
Knowing Ford (from what I've noticed), they'll wait until it's released, see how and what it does, and either design a even beefier truck to compete or decide not to waste their time and money competing.

My guess is that the truck will be the F-250. It can be easily similarly and equiped without any problems. It also does exactly what that truck does, just better. More towing capability, more power, and more truck; up to 13,200 lbs. in a V10 with an automatic, crew cab, 4-wheel drive, and the 4.30 rear end. Even with the 3.73 rear, it could handle those same 33' tires (as many of you know) and STILL hold it's own off road, despite it's size.

But like I said, Ford may just laugh at them and not even bother......

Old 10-15-2004, 11:20 PM
Monsta
Sit. Stay.

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Ford is currently testing a truck of the same "mission" (Off-road ready...for real) called the HOS. This was even stated by another user back on the first page of this thread.

Old 10-16-2004, 01:15 AM
FordLariat
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I doubt they'll make a truck if they don't foresee a market for that truck. Don't get me wrong, I love 4 wheel drives, and I think it would be awesome if trucks like the Power Wagon were available from every manufacturer, but I don't know if it would be worth it to the companies to make them. That HOS edition looked awesome, in last month's 4 Wheel and Off-Road magazine they had a small article about it, and they said that if it comes to market that it might even be sold as a Bigfoot edition. That would own!

Old 10-16-2004, 06:21 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
With the current market share of trucks (strong) it will not take as much as one would think to start a new products. Trucks are extremely strong.. a new model/design is not a far reach for any of the big 3

Old 10-16-2004, 08:18 AM
kc73
Senior User
i do not think you have to be an offroader to enjoy the benefits of the new POWER WAGON. when i read about it i think how well it would get me and mine to work in a nasty winter or how well it would handle a muddy rutted up gravel road or get fenceing materials out to the back 40. ground clearance, selectable lockers, and a winch have many uses. i think it will be a heck of a work truck. i could really care less if it has a ram's head or a blue oval. my .02

Old 10-17-2004, 02:09 AM
Meche
New User
Hos, bigfoot, maybe Highboy?

I read the article about the ford Hos package being tested and asked a Ford Engineer about it. He said that Ford is dedicated to producing the most capable best performing truck on any surface. So I think ford is going to make it. I dont think it will be badge HOS or Bigfoot though. The Bigfoot package name ,BIGFOOT 4X4 SSX, is already contracted to the company that built and runs "The BigFoot". Its and aftermarket conversion of Superdutys with a 8" lift kit and 38" tires.

see the following link about half way down

Please see our terms page

If the trend of old names reborn continues I wouldn't be suprised to see a new Highboy. Ford has already used the Ranger and Explorer to name new vehicle lines. That and the Highboy competed with the Powerwagon in the 70's

Old 10-17-2004, 03:11 AM
kc73
Senior User
MECHE we should get paid for our ideas on what FORD should do. high boy vs. power wagon. the way it used to be.

Old 10-17-2004, 02:33 PM
Logical Heritic
Posting Guru
Im really looking forward to seeing this niche in the market place panning out.

I read the article fordlariat. It said gm has the most loyal buyers. It swept, was it nine, out of 14 categories. It specifically said Chevy and toyota buyers were the most loyal. I guess I like to think for myself. Im not loyal to any manufacturer. I buy the best thing to fit my needs. This may change year after year. Right now its a ford. Tomorrow it could be a chevy, or a toyota, or hold your breath even a dodge. Which by the way. Chrysler also won some segments in the JD survey. Ford was actually fourth in the loyalty category. Gm was first.
I approached this with an open mind and by my personal experience. The dodges were less problematic but I like the fords better. Go figure.

Last edited by Logical Heritic; 10-17-2004 at 02:46 PM.
Old 10-17-2004, 07:46 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Logical are you talking about loyalty to both cars and trucks or just trucks. If its trucks Ford has the most loyalty of the big 3. Dodge is the least problematic. Woo I wonder where you heard that one at. I think Dodge products have more problems then any body.

Old 10-17-2004, 08:48 PM
TowinBob
Senior User
Originally Posted by 150ford
Hey Logical are you talking about loyalty to both cars and trucks or just trucks. If its trucks Ford has the most loyalty of the big 3. Dodge is the least problematic. Woo I wonder where you heard that one at. I think Dodge products have more problems then any body.
What is a big 3? You must mean Big two, as there are two (2) American auto manufacturers.

Quick Reply: Dodge stepping up with the new Power Wagon