Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire Recommendations 90 BII EB

Old 01-13-2002, 03:28 AM
BKSasquatch
Junior User

I am picking up my '90 Bronco II EB this week (private sale, 1 owner) and need advise on what tires work well. I have BFG All Terrain TA's on my 78 BIG Bronco and like them but I plan on doing more with the BII than I ever did with '78. I am looking for something good on small/med size rocks/ slick rock (Moab Utah type) and naturally snow. I am a transplant to Utah from Colorado and need something to get around the daily avalanches we get here in the canyons that lead to 6 ski areas all less than 20 miles away. We also go to Moab in the spring and want to take some of the desert treks there. I am not interested in lifting the BII (yet) and just got Goodyear 225/16 ATS's put on my company van (2wheel drive E250). The guy at Goodyear is telling me that would be the best for the BII but I am not that happy about the $490 out the door price for 4 tires.
Suggestions...?
By the way, the 90 BII has good tread but unmatched front/rear tires.
The rears are fairly aggresive but the fronts look like something you would have on a Granada (the previous owners are 73 and 75 and just dont know these things I guess...)

Brian
90 BII EB
brian31@xmission.com:-X11

Old 01-13-2002, 10:55 PM
babybroncoii
Junior User

i just replaced my pathfinder's with a set of bfg all terrain's p235/75/r15 and i love them. they get the best traction out of any tire ive ever owned. i have trouble spinning them when i want to. these are my best recommendation

Old 01-15-2002, 01:46 AM
mrshorty
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My '92 Explorer is running Chaparral A/P's and it does quite well in the snow. I take it up squaw peak road (above Provo/Orem) to the overlook frequently, and I've been impressed with how well it goes through the snow. Aired down, I would expect they would perform adequately on slick rock. They were put on by the guy I bought it from, so I'm not sure how much they cost. However, he was putting new tires on to sell it, so I doubt he put anything real expensive on.