New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

F150 first timer

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 01:20 AM
kyuss
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile F150 first timer

Hey all! I just got this '85 F150 300-6 last month and have been loving it! Considering I was driving an '88 Tempo for 6 years, it's REALLY good to be back in a truck again. People might consider me obsessive when it comes to this truck, but they just don't appreciate it the way I do. Who wouldn't want to enjoy what they have with the highest level of efficiency that they can? Any way that I can increase mileage or make it run smoother or just plain LOOK better, I want to accomplish.

So I'm up here on the west coast in Canada (Kelowna, BC) and girding myself for the hefty upcoming investment on winter tires, since it's almost that time of year. So far, the truck has been behaving well and running solid, though I haven't seen how it handles the cold weather. Maybe a block heater is in order.. I work in the stucco business (which makes it a pain keeping it clean.. dusty dusty) and have been a musician most of my life. Speaking of which, my next small investment is definetly going to be a 400W inverter for my toolbox so I can bring along the Ibanez electric and Fender amp. Nothing like bringing along one of the loves of my life on roadtrips!

Anyways, I've been reading some of the threads in here for the last month and I appreciate the wealth of information to be found on here, as well as the general decorum by the posters. I've never been much into the Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge debate thing, since it's common knowledge that Fords 0wn j00! :P

I'm sure you will all hear from me soon, since I've thrown myself completely into the mechanical aspect of things and will undoubtedly need assistance from knowledgable sources. That is, if you all have the patience for yet another newbie to this site?

Cya!

Aaron

Old 09-29-2004, 07:04 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
WELCOME to the site Aaron, please read the Guidelines… Check out the list of forums and make sure you read the headings and Read First: notices in each forum.
Enjo FTE