Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > General Chapter Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-28-2004, 09:49 PM
Founder ... Stay Tuned

FTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputation
FTE Chapters Nationals Event

We're now in the planning stages for the 2005 FTE Chapters Nationals Meet...

Your ideas, thoughts and suggestions are welcome!
Old 09-28-2004, 10:22 PM
New User

Mil1ion is starting off with a positive reputation.
I know that Lebanon,Kansas is the center of the US
But !
Where would the geographical center of the U.S. (minus Hawaii & Alaska) & the lower half of Canada be ?

Somewhere north of Lebanon & South of Rugby North Dakota I imagine ?

Wouldn't that make a cool cruise-in ?

EDIT:

It looks like it may be Winner,South Dakota or Valentine, Nebraska

of course Lincoln, Nebraska is the largest Metropolitan area to them.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:59 PM
Post Fiend

fordborn has a great reputation on FTE.fordborn has a great reputation on FTE.fordborn has a great reputation on FTE.fordborn has a great reputation on FTE.
Great idea, I would suggest maybe on a long weekend in order to allow more people to drive the distance.

Dennis,

The 50 United States: 44°58' North, 103°46' West - West of Castle Rock, Butte County, South Dakota.

The geographic center of the contiguous (lower) 48 states is about four miles west of Lebanon, Kansas, at 98°35' West 39°50' North

Just in case you want the exact points.

Forgot one just in case.:The geographic center of the North American continent is 6 miles west of Balta, North Dakota .

Last edited by fordborn; 09-28-2004 at 11:05 PM.
Old 09-28-2004, 11:28 PM
New User

Well, since Lincoln is a Ford Product .........
Old 09-29-2004, 07:39 AM
Founder ... Stay Tuned

FTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputation
Hate to say this Dennis but I'm shooting for a central lower-48 USA location, at least for the first year. Because the vast majority of FTE's users and staff are USA based we need it to be as easy as possible on the greatest number of people. Remember, I'm going to have to drive to bring all the things FTE will need to set up... and I won't be driving to the Dakotas!
Old 09-29-2004, 03:30 PM
New User

That sounds fair, I guess I was just dreaming.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:00 AM
NotSoGrouchyOleFTE'er

Fordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to behold
I'll be watching this and see where we end up. I'd like to make one big function before I drop over. My Army company has it's annual reunions in Ft. Walton Beach, Florida every year....and that's too far to travel to, so I don't go. I would definitely like to see this be a huge turn out, so I hope it's within an affordable driving distance. I can always sleep in the back of the truck or in a tent if there's camping available. Ahhh...dreams of miles and miles of nothing but Fords!

Dick
'99 NASCAR Edition F-150-4X4
John 3:16
Old 09-30-2004, 08:44 PM
Posting Legend

sglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant future
So please fill me in here. What do we do there and what goes on?
Old 09-30-2004, 09:14 PM
New User

Feedback ....we're looking for feedback from Chapter members in Canada & the U.S.
Old 10-01-2004, 05:38 PM
Elder User

Bordaine is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am going to be in Atlanta July 21st/23rd for the AMC nationals. I would like to stop by FTE and meet everyone. As far as A FTE national, it sounds like fun. I would like to show up for that.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:43 PM
Posting Guru

88grandmarquis is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster
and I won't be driving to the Dakotas!
You sayin' thar som'n wrong wit us Dakot'ns?

A national event sounds real fun. Would there be a "show 'n shine" sort of thing? How about some trail running? How about some sort of deal with demonstrations (i.e.: body work, mechanical repairs, tips & tricks, etc. . . ) that members could do? I'd be up for it, but a lot of things would have to fall into place for me to make a trip like that.

Last edited by 88grandmarquis; 10-01-2004 at 08:46 PM.
Old 10-01-2004, 10:15 PM
Post Fiend

Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.
Sounds cool...I'd definetly be up for that.
Old 10-02-2004, 12:19 AM
Elder User

Fastronald is starting off with a positive reputation.
F.T.E. National meeting

Love it!......there is always the state fair grounds in central Illinois/state capitol too.

To ALL my fellow Veterans, Thanks!

U.S. Army 1971 - 1974

Founding F.T.E. Illinois Chapter Leader - 2004 - 2005
Old 10-02-2004, 12:38 AM
New User

So....going by this map,would it be somewhere near Eastern Okla,North EasternTexas or Western Missouri or W.Arkansas?

http://www.infoplease.com/atlas/unitedstates.html
Old 10-02-2004, 12:45 AM
Founder ... Stay Tuned

I'm thinking Kansas/Missouri. They are fairly centralized and there are towns in both that handle this type of thing on a regular basis.
Old 10-02-2004, 12:45 AM

Closed Thread