Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any word on the lacation yet?

Chris

Old 11-29-2004, 11:00 AM
fang180
Junior User
Smile center

I think we should hold it in Ontario, California. I'ts not only the center of USA it's also the center of the universe!
fang180

Old 12-03-2004, 08:02 AM
RR4E
Elder User
I'd aim at chapter meets myself.....Keep in mind, we don't all get the same long weekends in the states and Canada. Also, not all of us can afford a trip across country. Kansas would be a long drive for me. Meeting with the Ontario chapter would be my closest venue. Someone posted meeting in the middle. The geographical center of north america is less than an hour from me, but not much around it. We could all meet at the 100th meridian. I'm likely closer to the middle than most here are at that point. It's still un-realistic. I'd aim for the chapter meets, and then maybe look at a larger group meet with some basics in place with a bit more planning involved. We'd need a campground, summer, group rate, and a center geographical location to the largest user base to get the most involvement. Just my 2 cents. I'm not against meeting people, but I can't afford to travel to the southern states just beacause it's warm.

Old 12-03-2004, 10:32 AM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Having a National meet in the middle of the southern states like Mo makes the most sense.
Not only is FTE an American based company but the greatest number of people live within that area.

I had thought about the center of the US &/or NA nyself.

Once I did some looking around I noticed the West end of the Southeastern states would be the place to go.

All of the facilities are there.

Flying in from Calgary is cheap enough..... although I would like my truck to be there.

Expect it to be in Missouri.

Old 12-03-2004, 04:10 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Flying in??? The last time I flew anyplace, I discovered that I no longer like to fly. No matter how you look at it though...it could definitely be spendy for those of us wayyyy over here on the NW side. Flying could be more affordable, but then I'd have to pack my little tent and all the other schtuff. Hmmmm... I hate it when you give me more to think about. ( First I gotta figure out if I can even afford to go..driving or otherwise.)

Old 12-03-2004, 06:00 PM
97Centurion
Rub my Belly
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RR4E
I'd aim at chapter meets myself.....
Here in Kansas our chapter meets twice a month. First Saturday of every month, the northern part of the state meets. Second Saturday of the month, the southern part of the state meets. We meet at resturants for dinner and hang around afterwords to shoot the bull. Tomorrow night is our chapters X-mas party with gift exchange and Prime rib!

Old 12-05-2004, 08:19 PM
Bargod
Posting Guru
Just to let those that need to know, I am the Front Office Manager at the Holiday Inn in Lawrence, Kansas (30 minutes from KC) and I know a lot of the people in Kansas City hotels. Knowing that an event like this would require quite a few rooms, I could help line up a special rate for this event, if it was to be held here.

Old 12-05-2004, 09:22 PM
mitch5170
Senior User
Just not in Branson...PLEASE!

Very scenic area, but WAY too crowded for an event of this type, It would be next to impossible to get around due to gridlock.

Springfield isnt much better.

Old 12-05-2004, 11:26 PM
RomerB2
Postmaster
I was in Springfield in October, and it wasn't bad at all.

Old 12-05-2004, 11:41 PM
fang180
Junior User
Talking spring in October

Springfield where? MS, OH, MA, ID, IN........and on and on and on! Don't pay any attention to me, I'm half full of Christmas spirit. Spent the day in the local malls Christmas shopping. AAArrrrrrrgggggghhhh! my head hurts. Or did for awhile. I fixed that!
Happy holiday to you and yours,
fang180

Old 12-06-2004, 09:42 AM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bargod
Just to let those that need to know, I am the Front Office Manager at the Holiday Inn in Lawrence, Kansas (30 minutes from KC) and I know a lot of the people in Kansas City hotels. Knowing that an event like this would require quite a few rooms, I could help line up a special rate for this event, if it was to be held here.
THIS is valuable info. I hope someone makes sure it gets to Ken. I'm helping to put together a convention to held in 2006, so I have an idea what FTE is up against. Lots of work.

Old 12-06-2004, 11:20 PM
RomerB2
Postmaster
Springfield, MO.. was there for a little bit of fun, on my way to St. Louie

Old 12-08-2004, 06:21 PM
Redneck'n
Senior User
i'm still new around here.. but, i'll toss my 2cents in just because...

i would be more than willing to drive "The Big Sexy" to anywhere for this event.
that being said, i think i would have to agree with all the Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma ideas...since i got my truck in KCMO, i know i can easily make that drive. that is 11 hours of driving while enjoying the country side...
even if it were decided that Montana would be a good place, i'd drive it. i just wouldnt come back from Montana.. my family would be a little irritated.. but they would understand...

so yes, i'll be there.. and if all goes well, my girlfriend will get to make the ride with me in her own truck...(1978 f-250)

Wade

Old 12-08-2004, 06:40 PM
TWolf
Elder User
Once you are in Montana, it is truely hard to leave. In the smaller towns like Brady or Wisdom, the streets still are not paved and there are no side walks. Everybody waves at everbody and are always willing to help out. Doors don't need to be locked. I will never leave. Money making does not mean that much to me. As a family, we're doing great. Bills up the butt, but aleast we know where they are.

Tom

Old 12-08-2004, 11:33 PM
fang180
Junior User
Smile Know what you mean

I know what you mean about locking doors and people waving. I'm from a really small town in Ohio. No police dept., no fire dept., no city works., one red light, 1700 people. When we first moved to Ca. and would say hello to people while walking down the street they would vere off and give us a strange look like we were lunatics or something worse. Been out here almost 20 years (moneys good but it's been way too long) and have another 3 before I retire back to Ohio. Can hardly wait! What's that line "don't worry about living in a small town and not knowing what your doing. Everybody else knows" HA! HA!
Happy holidays to you and yours,
fang180

Quick Reply: FTE Chapters Nationals Event