S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

what's all this worth in SoCal?

Old 09-27-2004, 06:00 PM
whiteyfordzx5
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what's all this worth in SoCal?

hey everybody-

sorta new member here. anywho, i have a question for all you SoCalers. my aunt just bought a 99 F250 2wd. the lot she bought it from was clearly having a tough time getting rid of it bc they lifted it with what i think is a 6" Simpson suspension lift (springs, shocks, and blocks). i'm not sure if that's the brand, though. someone stuck a sticker on the side of the truck the says "simpson," so i figured it was the lift. They also stuck some 35x12.5x16.5 BFG AT KOs on there mounted on Weld Racing Mountain Crushers (16.5x12.5). she really didn't need any of this since she just needs the truck to be a daily driver and a tow vehicle (30 ft travel trailer), but the price was right. now she wants to sell it all or trade it for stock parts plus some $$$. all this stuff looks very new. the suspension is all clean and the tires are so new they still have the lil nubs on them.

i know what the prices are for the wheels and tires brand new, but i have no clue what the lift would run. i also have no clue what stock parts are worth, and i figured that varies depending on location, so i figured i would ask here in the socal area.

so, what should she expect to get if she sold all of this? what would be a reasonable offer if she were to trade for stock parts?

*i apologize if the next part is not within the rules of your forum. please let me know if it is and i'll delete it*

lastly, would any of you like to take here up on this offer? i can't make this offer firm as the sale of the truck is still technically pending. this is more of a "gauging interest" thing. if the sale DOES go through, however, she definetely DOES want to get rid of this stuff! if you'd like, please contact me via PM or simply reply to this thread

Thanks!

Mike

Old 09-28-2004, 06:37 PM
MaXRSmart
Senior User
I don't think Simpson makes lift kits. Is the truck gas or diesel? Depending on that, it could be a Fabtech, RCD, or Pro Comp lift. What color are the coil springs?

Old 09-29-2004, 12:12 AM
whiteyfordzx5
Senior User
truck has the 5.4L v8. lift springs are black w/ white shocks.

Mike

Old 10-05-2004, 05:54 PM
whiteyfordzx5
Senior User
deal is now definite. she is looking to trade for stock parts. tires need to be E-rated with a good amount of tread on them. i've talked to ORW and have a good idea of what to ask, but it obviously depends on the condition of your stock parts.

must be willing to pay for professional removal and install of suspension components.

PM me or simply respond to the thread if interested.

Mike