Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Iowa Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Iowa Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fellro86

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2004, 08:03 PM
Elder User

michaelbrainardatwor is starting off with a positive reputation.
Mighta found a donor truck

My wife and I were cruising the "bad" part of town, in hopes of finding a 67-70 f100 or similar that someone might want to part with..or at least sell some parts. What I found nearly kicked my butt....as I drove over a hill I saw, on a semi trailer...( on top of two other cars ) was a 67 or 68 inside a junk yard next to a car crusher. I pulled up to the locked gates and all I could see was the perfect grille! No headlights or buckets..but the crossmembers were PERFECT! I stood there wishing I could get to it before its certain fate of being crushed became a reality.. that is when one of the workers pulled up and asked if he could help me. ( on a sunday...believe it or not ) ...and he let me in to look....had they not beat the hell out of it loading it on the trailer there would be a ton of good parts here. The grill is in fact nearly perfect. Lots of good trim and hardware...all the glass looks good...the interior is quiet amazing...still has the factory am radio...dash pad is still soft ( blue )...pads on the doors are nice as are the arm rests... I told the guy I wanted the whole truck. They just want the frame for scrap metal and will crush the rest. They are setting it aside for me to go through next saturday ( I hope...)...should have a pretty good load of stuff on the way home...any one want any parts? Body is pretty much shot. I am gonna gut the doors...take the glass, latches, window regulators....grill ( MINE MINE MINE ) dash pad ( MINE MINE MINE ) radio...what else should I get?
Old 09-27-2004, 03:33 AM
Posting Guru

truckertaz is starting off with a positive reputation.
If I where you I would take anything that is in halfway desent shape. What you don't need, I am sure there is somebody on here that does. Worse case, sell it on evilbay

Teamster local 421
Do not disturb.....Already disturbed
Old 09-28-2004, 06:49 PM
Elder User

fordloverf2501970 is starting off with a positive reputation.
just why do you call it evilbay, i have sold alot of stuff there and made some real money. why evil ?
if it is in english, Thank a Soldier !
Currently truckless and Laid Off!
but i am happy!
Old 09-28-2004, 07:17 PM
Posting Guru

truckertaz is starting off with a positive reputation.
No real reason I have sold and bought alot of stuff on there... Just a nickname is all... Sorry if I offended you..

Teamster local 421
Do not disturb.....Already disturbed
Old 09-29-2004, 07:36 AM
Elder User

michaelbrainardatwor is starting off with a positive reputation.
I think EPay is a good one.. Got a call back from the junk yard yesterday...the truck is sitting aside waiting for me to come strip it. How do you remove a dash pad? How quickly can it be done?
Old 09-29-2004, 07:36 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Iowa Chapter