Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

Nephew celbrated getting back from Iraq by getting an 01 Lightning

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 05:36 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nephew celbrated getting back from Iraq by getting an 01 Lightning

my Sister says satircally- "That's just what he needs !"
I told her you are EXACTLY right...
he just came thru some tough times in Fallujah...
let him have some fun !!!!

And the only thing I told him was that I heard the 01 lightning could JUST keep up with my 6-oh X with a tuner and exhaust....

Of course I was just teasing him and it will be ON this weekend when we go to his welcome home party !!!!

Now what can I get him for his lighting ?

Diablo have a chip/tuner ???

Old 09-26-2004, 08:48 PM
yysenhimer
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With a chip, 4# pulley, open conical filter I got into the 12's.

Diablo has a tuner but I know of A LOT of trucks that have blown motors when using the Diablo programs without checking the A/F ratio on a dyno.

Old 09-26-2004, 09:31 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the response...
you say chip, What chip ?
4# pulley for the supercharger ? or ?

apologies... new to this

Old 09-27-2004, 07:18 AM
yysenhimer
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry. You can get a chip made by Diablo or Superchips, or a hand held tuner. You should get something that holds at least two programs on it if you think you may be bringing it to the track. You can keep a safe street tune on it for daily driving, and then switch to the more aggressive tune for the track. I had a Superchips flip chip (2 programs) but I had some issues with my truck not starting in cold weather. The chips plug into the outside of the Processor via an I/O port and do not fit snugly. I wound up going to a Superchips SCT Tuner. Now I just download the new tune through the test port. Also, the tunes are a lot better because software allows the person programming the tune for you to access more parameters. I also chose Superchips because JDM Engineering is local to me and they have a good reputation of safe tunes. I think there are a couple of good companies that do Superchips programs in DFW area.

A 4# pulley will take the place of the stock crank pulley that drives the supercharger. It is larger and will give you an extra 4 pounds of boost or so. It is pretty easy to replace and will take about 3 hours or so, but you need a couple of special tools that that who-ever sells the pulley should have.

Sorry, only sponsoring tuners allowed.

Any other questions, I have researched parts, tries parts, or know someone who has so ask!