2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audiophile 6 disc

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 03:41 AM
flossinb
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audiophile 6 disc

how can i tell if i got one?

Old 09-26-2004, 06:05 AM
VATruckMan
New User
Look under your rear driver side seat. If there is a long plastic box, that is the subwoofer associated with the Audiophile system. The 6 disc system should be obvious.

Old 09-26-2004, 02:58 PM
flossinb
Freshman User
ok thanks, i don't have it . i really thought the RDS would b cool to have. but i have the 6 disc.

Old 09-26-2004, 03:53 PM
ITDave
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am not sure if there is really a difference

I am not sure if there is really a difference between the Six Disc Changer and that which comes with the Audiophile system. No one has been able to state a confirmed difference between the two yet...

Old 09-26-2004, 03:55 PM
VATruckMan
New User
I don't think there is a difference. But the 6 disc was tied to the audiophile upgrade. For the price difference, I probably would have just went aftermarket if I could have found a Lariat without it in it.

Last edited by VATruckMan; 09-26-2004 at 03:56 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 09-26-2004, 03:58 PM
jbone108
Senior User
there is one for sale on Ebay. it was at $85 last i looked

Old 09-26-2004, 04:18 PM
ITDave
Elder User
If anyone figures it out for sure, please let me know. Also, where can I get the sub

If anyone figures it out for sure, please let me know. Also, where can I get the sub and how can it be added? Do you have to have an additional amplifier?

Thanks,

Dave

Old 09-27-2004, 07:03 AM
BostonFX
Freshman User
As far as I know there IS a difference between the standard 6 disc and the Audiophile 6 disc. The standard 6 disc will play full range to the speakers in the truck, while the Audiophile 6 disc sends 95hz and above to the speakers, and 95hz and below to the sub.

Old 09-28-2004, 06:45 PM
whiskerbiscuit
Freshman User
I have the audiophile 6 disk in my truck and I believe the difference comes when you hit the menu button to select the bass, etc. I have the option to change and select the level of "ambiance" from 1 to 8 bars. I can also adjust the stereo position ("drivers seat" or "all"). This may be on the standard 6 disk, but I'm not sure. I also belive that the audiophile has 6 speakers + the subwoofer instead of 4 speakers. I could be wrong about all this, but this is how my truck is from the factory.

Old 09-28-2004, 06:49 PM
flossinb
Freshman User
whiskerniscuit: you are right i have the 6 disc with out audiophile sound. my truck only has 4 speakers and no subwoofer. and the player does not have the options like you said only bass , treble, and the direction you want the sound to come out of the speakers.

thanks

Old 09-28-2004, 06:57 PM
whiskerbiscuit
Freshman User
sorry for 2nd posting.

Last edited by whiskerbiscuit; 09-28-2004 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Didn't know 1st response went through.
Old 09-28-2004, 11:37 PM
Toreador
Elder User
Originally Posted by ITDave
I am not sure if there is really a difference between the Six Disc Changer and that which comes with the Audiophile system. No one has been able to state a confirmed difference between the two yet...
I can state an absolute 100% difference since I had two separate trucks, one without Audiophile. The Audiophile simply rocks. It is one word: Great. For the price you cannot get a better clearer more real sound. It's well worth the price. Now yes you can go higher quality and improve on the sound at a lot more cost, but for the additional price of the truck this is the best stereo truck upgrade you can get. I love it and have no plans to upgrade it. It blows away some of my friends installed stereo systems with higher cost and brand name recognition.

Old 09-29-2004, 12:03 AM
Dunk
Elder User
Two questions...

1. With the regular 6 disc system in the menu section it has a Speed Volume Control. I read it's suppose to make the stereo louder the faster you go and quiet it down as you slow down. I think mine has numbers 1 to 7. I don't see where it even works. I can't tell any difference even when I set it to 6 or 7?? What's up??

2. How many watts are these systems???

My Lariat Scab has two speakers in each of the front doors, a bass and a tweeter and one in each rear door.

Old 09-29-2004, 12:09 AM
ITDave
Elder User
Originally Posted by Dunk
Two questions...

1. With the regular 6 disc system in the menu section it has a Speed Volume Control. I read it's suppose to make the stereo louder the faster you go and quiet it down as you slow down. I think mine has numbers 1 to 7. I don't see where it even works. I can't tell any difference even when I set it to 6 or 7?? What's up??

2. How many watts are these systems???

My Lariat Scab has two speakers in each of the front doors, a bass and a tweeter and one in each rear door.
Hello Dunk,

I cannot seem to tell if that Speed feature works either. Can anyone confirm that it actually works? I will have to check the ambiance thing. I wonder if the changers are actually the same and you just push button a code to open the other features. Also, I heard the number of wires going in and out of the sub proves the theory that there is an amp there that powers all of the speakers thus improving the sound. My dad just bought one, his has audiphile. Now maybe we can get to the bottom of this. Could also be a firmware upgrade or something.

Old 09-29-2004, 06:08 AM
flossinb
Freshman User
to my understanding the speed volume works like this.... the higher the number the faster the volume turns up or down with the volume **** and the lower the number to slow it goes up or down.

Quick Reply: Audiophile 6 disc