Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Montana Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: jredline1984

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2004, 01:21 AM
Posting Guru

big hoss 29 has a great reputation on FTE.big hoss 29 has a great reputation on FTE.big hoss 29 has a great reputation on FTE.big hoss 29 has a great reputation on FTE.big hoss 29 has a great reputation on FTE.
It's alive!!

As anyone who's read any of my posts know's, my pride and joy is my 1972 Pontiac Ventura II. It belonged to my grandpa who got it from the original owner. I've done a bunch of work to it so far and I just got done putting a complete front suspension on it. I even changed all the tie rods, ball joints, idler arm and control arms with poly bushings. After a week of testing to see if everything was OK, I'm happy to report that it rides like a new car and handles great. So if anyone in the Billings area see's a faded gold car that looks like a 68-72 Nova, it's me in my Pontiac.

And by the way, if you THINK you can beat me, just remember, it looks like hell, but it runs like the devil and all you'll see are my tail-lights.

"get away from me you unlucky jerk before your luck rubs off on me!"
Old 10-01-2004, 12:25 AM
Posting Guru

big hoss 29 has a great reputation on FTE.big hoss 29 has a great reputation on FTE.big hoss 29 has a great reputation on FTE.big hoss 29 has a great reputation on FTE.big hoss 29 has a great reputation on FTE.
Well, it was alive! In the 2 or 3 weeks I had the car on the road, one problem became very apparent, my rear suspension is shot as well. My car leans to one side and if I get out and push up on the driver side, I can basically "reset" the ride height. Bottom line=rear springs are as strong as noodles. Oh well, I guess it's back to the drawing board.
It just goes to show that not driving a car much in 32 years is almost as bad as driving it too much. For now tho, it's back to my F-250 for a little attention. She gets jealous if I don't fret over her sometimes.

Old 10-01-2004, 08:10 AM
Post Fiend

mtflat has a good reputation on FTE.mtflat has a good reputation on FTE.mtflat has a good reputation on FTE.
Hang in there. When I put my 48 pickup on the road, the first year was a series of experiences like you just had. After all those troubles were corrected it has become one of the most dependable vehicles I drive.
Old 10-01-2004, 01:36 PM
Posting Guru

Thanks! It seems like I spend more time under this thing rather than in it, but, I know it will be worth it. I figure it's time to put 'er away for the winter and concentrate on keeping warm, first winter in Montana you know.

Old 10-01-2004, 03:17 PM
Post Fiend

mtflat has a good reputation on FTE.mtflat has a good reputation on FTE.mtflat has a good reputation on FTE.
Yeah, I heard Bozeman had a few flurries today............persuaded me to go down to the pasture and haul a another load of firewood to the woodshed.

I've spent ten years working on my trucks 4 months a year unless it was an emergency repair. Now I'm working to winterize the shop so I can keep going except for those -30 days. Can't wait.
Old 10-01-2004, 05:23 PM
Posting Guru

I know I'm in trouble when I ask people "how cold are winters around here?", and all they do is chuckle and tell me "oh, you'll love it". I'm used to maybe 20* winters at the worst. This is going to be interesting, and I get to install a block heater in my F-250.

Old 10-01-2004, 09:21 PM
Post Fiend

Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.
You really only have to worry about October, November, December, January, February, March, April, and May. The rest of the year its blazing hot.

To be honest, it can snow in June, July, August, and September too... I guess your fd anyway. Did I mention that I work in an auto parts store?
Old 10-02-2004, 03:24 AM
Posting Guru

Hey there buddy, pal, friend.! I'm going to call you guy's for my carb rebuild kit soon, but I might be talking to you for some springs in the spring!

Old 10-02-2004, 06:34 PM
Post Fiend

Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.
Make sure to get the number off the carb tag... those damn queerjets are impossible to find the right kit for unless you have one.
Old 10-03-2004, 01:36 AM
Posting Guru

I have an Edelbrock 1406 on the Pontiac, but I'm actually getting a rebuild kit for my truck. It has the Holley 4180 on it. I called you guy's a couple of weeks ago to price them and you are the winners! I'll probably be in Wednesday to get it, fun fun.

Old 10-03-2004, 01:36 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Montana Chapter

Tags
carb, queerjet