Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Sailor_Roy

I-147

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2004, 10:59 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I-147

So I hope you are all voting against I - 147, which will thoroughly destroy the environment in the Snake River Watershed...

The propaganda they are spreading on TV just ****es me off... Its getting so overboard, they are promising jobs, just like every worthless politician... The only jobs are gonna be created by the Superfund cleanup crew, 10 years down the road.

Old 09-18-2004, 11:43 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Ahem.... let's try to not get political in here, my friend. I understand your concerns though.

Originally Posted by Mattsbox99
So I hope you are all voting against I - 147, which will thoroughly destroy the environment in the Snake River Watershed...

The propaganda they are spreading on TV just ****es me off... Its getting so overboard, they are promising jobs, just like every worthless politician... The only jobs are gonna be created by the Superfund cleanup crew, 10 years down the road.

Old 09-19-2004, 12:02 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Just not in the GC, you can speak the politics, in here.

Old 09-19-2004, 12:27 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Talking

OK...have fun. I'm voting in favor of ruining every square inch of the state. I not only want pollution, poisoned water, fish that swim in circles, lakes in high mountain areas poisoned off to replace with "pure" native fish, Pike introduced into every lake in the state, Butte's Berkley Pit water to be bottled and shipped out of state with the lable of Blue Rocky Mtn Springwater, log and pave every square inch of Glacier Park to make it safe for tourists, a big fence around Flathead Lake so boats gan't get in it and spill gas ........ hmmm, dang it there's something else I'm forgetting.....oh yeah ...I want more lead put into our water systems so my Alzheimers will kick in faster and I'll be out of my misery of caring about anything. Oh yeah..in addition... I want every corrupt politician there is ( all of 'em) to come to Montana and run for office, promising us Elk steak on every table, a glass of wine at every meal, health insurance that is affordable and actually insures you, a campaign that not only criticises their opppnent, but also runs down every native Montana alive and suggests we move out of state so that smarter people can fix all that we have destroyed over the years.

Now that I'm done being facetious ... have a nice day, smell the fresh air, take a walk, think about all the good things we still have compared to big cities with populations growing faster than rabbits in a cage. My best friend just loves to talk politics, whine about everything that goes on, with better fixes and ways to go about it all, but still refuses to run for office.

Myself...I'm just fed up with politics and politicians of both parties. They are all rich and they made their money off the backs of average Joe Citizen. My only reprieve from politics and the state of the world is the knowledge that my Saviour will return one day and take care of things. I am satisfied in the knowledge that no matter what I fight against or for...He has his plan and nothing will change it. I do vote though..just so I feel I have th right to do my own complaining.

I really do appreciate your concern about our environmental issues, but there has to be a meeting place in the middle...one meeting, one compromise, one ending. Compromise has put our lumber industry nearly completely out of business. They give in to the enviros, the enviros never give in. The earth is like a farm. Use it, take care of what you use, replant it, harvest and move on. If you let it all go "au natural" it is in effect, letting the earth age. If taken care of properly, the earth may age, but will do it slower. Take two oranges and set them on the table. One orange, you pick up daily, wash it, dry it and keep it clean. The other orange, you just let sit there, and do it's own thing. Which one will rot first?

OK..'nuff rambling. Let's see what this thought pattern brings in return.

Old 09-19-2004, 03:14 PM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Received 331 Likes on 255 Posts
I thot maybe I missed an interstate they wanted to build........I-147?

'k, I'll go back to sleep..

Religion gives me enough controversy on a daily basis, so I usually stay off politics. I do have strong opinions and do vote, including the primaries.

Old 09-19-2004, 04:02 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
I-147 is an initiative to repeal the ban on the Cyanide Leach mining practice in MT. Cyanide is used to remove the gold from hard rock (granite, in this case). Cyanide is used to dissolve the gold, and settle it to the bottom of the pit. The cyanide is then dumped illegally and the ore is normally just left behind, soaked in toxic cyanide.

Proponents of I147 are touting that it will bring jobs to MT. Thats completley untrue, even if the Initiative is passed, the proposed mine site will not be approved by the MT-DEQ. The mine site is at the head of the Blackfoot river, near Missoula.

Old 09-19-2004, 08:27 PM
mont974x4
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dick,

I'm with ya on this one all the way. Hopefully, He comes back for us before it gets to bad.

Jay

Old 09-19-2004, 09:28 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Okay...

Using Cyanide to mine gold is completley different than conservation of forests by allowing logging and replanting in its place.

I whole heartedly support logging. Logging is leaps and bounds ahead of what it did to the earth just a few short years ago.

and BTW, theoretically both oranges will rot at the same time, they have a compleley impervious outer skin that will resist any outside effect that doesn't puncture it.

Old 09-19-2004, 09:47 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

That was just a theoretical thing to use as an example. And I was being facetious throughout most of my above post. I hate to get talking politics...I get so , too easily. So I avoid the situation...unless of course, I am the one starting the topic! Life's a delicate balance. No matter what aspect you look at. And I will end with that.

Old 09-19-2004, 09:50 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

hmmm got a "busy server" message and didn't realize the above one posted..so nevermind.

Old 09-19-2004, 10:30 PM
TWolf
Elder User
Myself...I'm just fed up with politics and politicians of both parties. They are all rich and they made their money off the backs of average Joe Citizen. My only reprieve from politics and the state of the world is the knowledge that my Saviour will return one day and take care of things. I am satisfied in the knowledge that no matter what I fight against or for...He has his plan and nothing will change it. I do vote though..just so I feel I have th right to do my own complaining.

Dick, I didn't know how to set the quote primaters so I just cut and paste your statement. Amen brother.

Old 09-21-2004, 11:08 PM
MontanaFord
Elder User
i get a major kick outta the radio commercial for I-147...i always pick at it..."gee, them people sure can read good"...roflmao....yeah, i'm a sarcastic...i still needa find out where i gotta go to vote this year, when the time comes...we'll see what i can figger out when that time comes, too...

Michael

Old 09-28-2004, 06:59 PM
fordloverf2501970
Elder User
we got the same kinda thing going on here, but not gold mining, they are going to destroy about 2000 acres of prime hunting land that is open to the public to use, plus there is a mini airport there we use to fly our rc planes out of, we been leaseing that land for 30 years. they going to flood the whole area and make a lake out of it. no reason for this, we have many lakes here in iowa, go figure that out

Old 09-29-2004, 03:30 PM
Peach
Senior User
Fordlover, where are they making this lake at??

Old 09-30-2004, 05:54 PM
fordloverf2501970
Elder User
big hollow near sperry iowa

Quick Reply: I-147