1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

Tire Lug Bolt

Old 09-24-2004, 07:09 AM
JaysRanger
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Tire Lug Bolt

ok i was takein the back wheels off to check the breaks cause they seemed like sometihng was wrong with them earler when i was drivein in town.. but one the driverside one of the bolts dint want to come out i dint even put much prusser on it and then it just snaped bad problem i think but if u know of any way i can gat that replaced i could use the help

Old 09-24-2004, 08:35 AM
G2IC_Wraith
Laughing Gas
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
The studs + 1 lugnut should run you less than $10. Most shops are capable of replacing these in less than 30 min. You can do it yourself, but with some small jobs that will just turn into a GIANT pain, it may be worth it to you to pay the $20-$50 to have someone do it.

That being said, if you recently had your truck serviced and they took the wheels off, you should take it back. The most common cause of a lugnut snapping off is some idiot crossthreaded it on with an air-gun. There is rarely any other cause, and if you take it back, an honest shop will replace it for you at no charge. Also have them check the others both front and back.

Old 09-24-2004, 08:47 AM
CowboyBilly9Mile
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A wheel stud, especially the rear ones on drum brake equipped rigs, is very simple to replace. Remove the wheel and drum, pound it out with a hammer and maybe a punch, slide the new one in, use the new lugnut to seat it, remove the lug nut, and put the drum and wheel back on. Done.

Search this Thread