Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Michigan Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Michigan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: just another truck

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-23-2004, 10:59 PM
Freshman User

1600-foot-pound is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question How does a PSD do at Silver Lake?

I am posting this here in the Michigan forum because the sand is a little different than the sand at Glamis or on the ocean. I go to Silver every year in whatever I have, but this is my first diesel. So how does the massive weight of the PSD perform in the Silver Lake sand? I have a 2000 7.3 Supercab 4X4 automatic.
Old 09-25-2004, 12:15 PM
Freshman User

16secondP71 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I highly recomend getting a tuner or a chip to boost your wheel speed for hill climbing. My truck does awsome on the dunes... I've got a Diablosport tuner, straight pipe, Paul's High Performance "Quickie Throttle", and 35 X 15.5 TSL/SX's.

A lot of the powerstrokes(stock) have trouble making it up the bigger hills because of the weight. You'll see them gaining about 50 mph of speed before hitting the hill just to make it to the top. Hell, I can climb it from a dead stop at the bottom of the hill in low lock.

Click the image to open in full size.
-Paul's High Performance "Quickie Throttle"
-8.5 inch Pro-Comp lift
-37 X 13.5 Mickey Thompson Baja Claw radial tires

Last edited by 16secondP71; 09-25-2004 at 12:26 PM.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:31 PM
Freshman User

1600-foot-pound is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cool, that's about what I figured. Thanks!
I have done the "run from Ludington" approach to test hill before, and never again. It's alot better if you keep it on the ground for the first 100 yards And another bonus is that you don't get from the other seat...

Nice truck btw, mine is white too, but a shortbox. I am sure I have seen you up there from time to time. We have only been up a couple of times this year in wifey's '99 SOHC Explorer, and my bosses Chevy LS6 long travel. He's the only one up there that actually runs his car hard. It's the dark red one with silver flames that's usually standing on it's rear wheels. We usually get one of the cabins next to the Best Western for a week, but this year didn't work out. But next year we will be back with a vengence, hopefully with the new truck!

Ironically my other car is a 9C1 (14 sec.)

Have a good one neighbor, Mike
Old 09-29-2004, 04:50 PM
Freshman User

16secondP71 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Nice truck btw
Thanks, my PSD won't be up there any more, I destroyed my front axle the last time I went. The next day I went and picked up an old '79 F-250, 351M with a 4-speed manual for a Silver Lake truck. The old '79 had enough rust for me to tear it apart and re-do it all, I just finished rust-proofing and painting the back half of the chassis, when the chassis is done it's gonna get A LOT of new body panels, a nice light metallic blue paint job, and an 8 or 10 inch lift.

Quote:
We usually get one of the cabins next to the Best Western for a week
That sounds like a nice place to stay. Luckily, my Dad bought a house up there early this year, so it doesn't cost me a thing to stay there. I've been going up there almost every other weekend this summer.

Quote:
Ironically my other car is a 9C1 (14 sec.)
Cool, I used to have a '96 P71 Crown Vic but money was tight and I had to sell her. She was also a 14 second car when I was finished with the modifications. I built an all aluminum engine withforged pistons, '01 ported and polished GT mustang heads/cams, Ford Motorsport shorty headers(modified to fit), BBK underdrive pullies, 2600 stall converter, Trans-Go shift kit, Richmond 3.73's, a full 2 1/2" dual exhaust, and an NOS direct-port (NOSzzle) nitrous system. The best part about that car was that it was "stock" appearing.
-Paul's High Performance "Quickie Throttle"
-8.5 inch Pro-Comp lift
-37 X 13.5 Mickey Thompson Baja Claw radial tires

Last edited by 16secondP71; 09-29-2004 at 04:58 PM.
Old 09-29-2004, 04:50 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Michigan Chapter

Tags
f250, lake, silver