6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

New 6.0 Owner Influx

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 09:00 PM
SpartanDieselTech
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New 6.0 Owner Influx

Anyone else notice just how many new 6.0 owners have been showing up lately?

I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread where all of them can tell us about themselves, thier trucks, what they use them for; just a general overall introduction. We can run VIN checks from this thread, too, if you would like, Tim.

If any of the new members would like to get the ball rolling, go ahead and start posting Tell us about yourself, the history of your truck (maintenance, anything it has been through, what it is used for) and when you post, if any of you would like your VIN's checked, email or private message them to either Tim Lamkin or myself to have them run.

PS- I know this should probably be located in the user annoucements thread, but I think it can be a little more 6.0-specific than that.

Old 09-23-2004, 09:41 PM
SpartanDieselTech
Former Vendor
Noone?

Old 09-23-2004, 09:41 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am amazed how many new user announcemnts this site gets EVERY DAY !!!

Didn't know there were that many PEOPLE around

Old 09-23-2004, 09:44 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
Well they really do not know how to get here...heck we have them asking tire questions in the new announcements forum...we have had huge influx of new folks....that time of the year...

Still a good idea

Old 09-23-2004, 10:00 PM
J-dog05
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PSD 60L Fx4
Noone?
I guess I'll go then.

I'm totally new to diesels. I just got a 05 F-250 4x4 crew cab about a week ago and like it a lot so far. The truck is brand new so I really haven't done much with it yet. I will be towing a 20 foot boat and using the 4 wheel drive for a deer lease. The rest is mostly highway miles. I just ordered a predator which should come in the next few days. Plan on getting exaust and a air filter kit.

A little background: My last truck was a 99 F-250 with the V-10. The performance mods were a superchip, exaust system, and air intake system. I also had a superlift leveling kit and 33x12.5 tires on 16 inch eagle rims.I liked the truck a lot, but it burned too much gas especially when towing. I would only get 8-9 mpg when towing my 20 foot boat. Got rid of it because I heard so many good things about the new 6.0 diesels and because I wanted a new truck.

My truck before that was a 97 F-150 4x4 with the 4.6 V8. I had a lot of things done to that truck. First I put a 6 inch suspension(superlift) + 3inch body lift on it with 38.5x15.5 superswampers. I also changed my gears to 4.56. Then i put a vortec superchager on it. That's where the trouble started. The supercharger never felt like it really worked. The performance shop never told me about gauges and I was new to the whole performance mod thing. I brought it to them a bunch of times and told them I didn't think it was running right. They told me nothing was wrong. Well, I ended up cracking two pistons. They offered to rebuild it with better pistons, cams, etc. I agreed and when the truck was finished, it never ran right agian. It was a piece of junk after it was rebuilt. Sold the truck and decided to never get anything major done on my truck engine wise. I was young and dumb at the time.

Old 09-23-2004, 10:01 PM
PowerStroke King
Senior User
I'm more curious how many are going with the TorqShift transmission. The people on Ford v. Competition have almost unanimously declared the TS to be a piece of junk, unreliable, too new to tell, and to have 40% heat-inefficiency because the engine has to spin gobs and gobs faster than the transmission axle in the TC.

Old 09-23-2004, 10:04 PM
SpartanDieselTech
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by PowerStroke King
I'm more curious how many are going with the TorqShift transmission. The people on Ford v. Competition have almost unanimously declared the TS to be a piece of junk, unreliable, too new to tell, and to have 40% heat-inefficiency because the engine has to spin gobs and gobs faster than the transmission axle in the TC.
Open a new thread for this one....
This thread isn't for arguing about tranmissions.

This should be VERY interesting

Last edited by PSD 60L Fx4; 09-23-2004 at 10:08 PM.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:22 PM
PowerStroke King
Senior User
Well, I've had several diesels, but currently own a 2004 6.0L PSD in an Excursion. I have had ZERO problems with this engine, it purrs like a kitten, and runs smoother than a baby's behind. I am proud to say it is 100% stock right down to the filters and oil. It will only ever see the hands of a certified Ford diesel man, exactly every 5,000 miles.

Old 09-23-2004, 10:24 PM
SpartanDieselTech
Former Vendor
Well, I've had several diesels, but currently own a 2004 6.0L PSD in an Excursion. I have had ZERO problems with this engine, it purrs like a kitten, and runs smoother than a baby's behind. I am proud to say it is 100% stock right down to the filters and oil. It will only ever see the hands of a certified Ford diesel man, exactly every 5,000 miles.
In other words, no mods for you?

Old 09-23-2004, 10:37 PM
ColoradoX
New User
The 2004 6.0L PSD Excursion is my 1st Diesel. Purchased in April, now have 13K miles. Mostly used for kid taxi and horse trailer pulling. Get about 16mpg around town and about 11-12 mpg pulling the trailer. I have a few minor problems but haven't taken it to the dealer yet (hard down shifts in tow/haul mode, delayed acceleration after coming down a hill in tow/haul mode, big oil spot in the center of the underside of the hood). I like it though, especially the acceleration.

Old 09-24-2004, 12:17 AM
wera racer
Senior User
i am new, just bought a 03 FX4 ext cab. BEAUTIFUL truck! however since it is still not road ready, i will need to hold off on my driving impressions. very new diesel guy, currently own a 99 ranger with a 3" lift and 33" tires, it is an ext cab flair side - and also a very nice truck. my step dad has a 02 F250 7.3 4x4, and my brother has a 99 cobra convt. so it seems we are ford people,lol.

Old 09-24-2004, 12:40 AM
johnsdiesel
Post Fiend
Really? I thought the outcome of most of the "discussions" in that forum was that the Torqshift helps the PSD beat the competition even with a lower torque rating from the factory. The Torqshift, along with the power curve of the 6.0, spanks the competition.

Old 09-24-2004, 01:29 AM
Heckler
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, Im the next noob, just picked up my truck tonight. Im already in love! I came from Jeep land and I love this truck. I plan on a Predator, exhaust, and intake once I log in some miles to make sure everything is trouble free. Oh, it's an 04' CC Lariat SB FX4. How about a couple pics...
What a beautiful truck, one to be proud of….do me favor go to the site I linked and learn how to insert these pictures into you gallery. Then I will come back and delete these, the reason, for those on dial-up it takes sooooo long to load so we try to keep all pictures in each one of our own galleries.

I appreciate your support………….very cool truck.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=77

Old 09-24-2004, 02:04 AM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Tim, check your PM, given this great influx, I have an proposal for you...

Old 09-24-2004, 06:56 AM
PSD6litre40
Posting Guru
I have actually never heard of a transmission failure being used properly. PSD 60 FX is excluded from tranny failure because he was running so much aftermarket stuff he had 2,000 HP LOL

Quick Reply: New 6.0 Owner Influx