Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-20-2008, 06:21 PM
Former Vendor

FTE/PARTS-GUY has a great reputation on FTE.FTE/PARTS-GUY has a great reputation on FTE.FTE/PARTS-GUY has a great reputation on FTE.FTE/PARTS-GUY has a great reputation on FTE.FTE/PARTS-GUY has a great reputation on FTE.
I think that was one of my last post before I started to work here at Parr.

Ed
Old 10-20-2008, 09:28 PM
New User

BCAUTOSOUND is starting off with a positive reputation.
At my car audio store we put aftermarket actuators in these trucks all the time. One can by aftermarket actuators for less than $10. More time consuming to install but 1/3 the cost and last forever if installed correctly.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:36 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

sddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputation
I did my front passenger and rear passenger doors, thanks Cuinak
Old 06-05-2010, 05:05 PM
New User

GregGimbert is starting off with a positive reputation.
AutoPartsWarehouse.com

Parts Ordered
Door Lock Actuator Replacement Door Lock Actuator Excursion|XLT Replacement Price: $26.52 Qty: 1.00 Part #: REPF315301

Door Lock Actuator Replacement Door Lock Actuator Excursion|XLT Replacement Price: $26.52 Qty: 3.00 Part #: REPF315302

Had to buy 4 of them and got a quantity discounty -

Sub Total: $106.08
Discount: $21.15
Shipping: $0.00
Handling: $0.00
Tax: $0.00
Core: $0.00
Total: $84.93

Four for $84.93 - shipped too!!
Old 06-13-2010, 06:58 PM
New User

GregGimbert is starting off with a positive reputation.
Performed the repair of 3 doors and the rear hatch in about 2 hours. Started with the rear hatch which was the easiest. Gave me the familiarity to handle the others. I could now do a door in about 20 minutes or less. Awesome write up, couldn't have done it without you CUNIAC!!
Old 06-13-2010, 07:10 PM
Posting Guru

vettdvr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregGimbert View Post
Performed the repair of 3 doors and the rear hatch in about 2 hours. Started with the rear hatch which was the easiest. Gave me the familiarity to handle the others. I could now do a door in about 20 minutes or less. Awesome write up, couldn't have done it without you CUNIAC!!

And all those who came before to include the $.01 repair
Old 12-29-2010, 02:43 PM
Senior User

nitro3421 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for the AWESOME write up and pictures. This easily cut my installation time in half having this on my laptop at the truck. Thanks for taking the time to write this up!
Old 12-29-2010, 02:53 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Parts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregGimbert View Post
AutoPartsWarehouse.com

Parts Ordered
Door Lock Actuator Replacement Door Lock Actuator Excursion|XLT Replacement Price: $26.52 Qty: 1.00 Part #: REPF315301

Door Lock Actuator Replacement Door Lock Actuator Excursion|XLT Replacement Price: $26.52 Qty: 3.00 Part #: REPF315302

Had to buy 4 of them and got a quantity discounty -

Sub Total: $106.08
Discount: $21.15
Shipping: $0.00
Handling: $0.00
Tax: $0.00
Core: $0.00
Total: $84.93

Four for $84.93 - shipped too!!

believe it or not but Ford lowered the price on these. they are about $10 more each then the cheepie aftermarket.

so when these aftermarket ones fail let me know and I'll hook you up with some updated O.E.M Ford ones.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:07 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Ed, for future reference, if I decide not to do the fix and instead want to replace all the actuators, can you please post up the part numbers for all the doors, including the rear cargo hatch?

All of mine are bad and I dunno if I wanna fix 'em or replace 'em.

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 12-29-2010, 04:17 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Parts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
Ed, for future reference, if I decide not to do the fix and instead want to replace all the actuators, can you please post up the part numbers for all the doors, including the rear cargo hatch?

All of mine are bad and I dunno if I wanna fix 'em or replace 'em.

Stewart

anything for you buddy!

6L3Z25218A42AA right front and rear doors (so qty 2)

6L3Z25218A43AA left front and rear doors and lift gate. (so qty 3)
Old 12-29-2010, 04:29 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Thanks Ed.

Just not sure if I wanna crack open 5 actuators and fix them, or just make it easy and replace them.

The passenger side door on my F250 needs to be fixed too. I know I won't mind doing one....but all 5 on the Ex? Just not sure....

Plus I'll be installing the Jimmi' Jammers I bought from Clay when I fix/replace the locks.

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 12-29-2010, 04:32 PM
Posting Guru

vettdvr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Perhaps there are so many folks repairing actuators Ford is stuck with them, lowered the price to unload. Great site.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:34 PM
Junior User

Servinghim is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Will fixing the Actuator fix the problem with the back door on the Ex not locking (rest of doors lock)

Thanks!
Old 12-29-2010, 05:42 PM

If the actuator is the problem, then yes, fixing the actuator will fix the problem.

Stewart
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 12-29-2010, 08:12 PM
Posting Guru

aortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputation
I used this write up a few years back to replace all five of the actuators...definitely helped.

2000 Excursion 5.4 4X2
Old 12-29-2010, 08:12 PM