S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Any good diesel techs in Orange County??

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 05:25 PM
OC2SNOW
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Any good diesel techs in Orange County??

Hi..I ordered an '05 F250 PSD...The delivery date is early October...After reading some of the problems with the diesel I figured I should be prepared in case I have to take it in to be serviced....Does anyone know of any good diesel techs in the Orange County area? I live in Rancho Santa Margarita...Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Old 09-25-2004, 08:11 AM
watersurgeon
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your in luck. Tuttle Click Ford in Lake Forest is suppose to have the best diesal mechanic in Orange County.

My good friend and hot rod car club member , (my other hobby) is an exec. at Ford and when I bought my 2003 4x4, cc, 7.3L, LB, he told me thats the only dealer to take it too. But be prepaired to leave your rig there if there is a problem. I just threw a drive shaft U joint and had some issues with some mis-firing. It took them a week to get the truck back too me. New Drive Shaft, New Bearing, Drained and serviced the transfer case, new Cam Sensor, etc... (thank god for the warranty) Basically one guy handles all the heavy diesals.

Ask for William if you need to ever get it serviced. He's the service writer that basically gave me a couple of updates per day to let me know what was going on.

Oh, and a little trick. If its something minor tell them you have to wait for the rig. When they enter into the system they code it according to whether your going to hang around. The Hang Arounds get priorty service vs. the drop offs.

The nice thing about Auto Malls is if you every get Cra@ from the service writers or service dept. You can always walk over to there competitors lot, Chevy, GMC, and pick up some brochures and then walk back and talk to the management and throw the brocures at them, and tell them that xyz dealership was a lot more comprehensive on there approach to dealing with customer service.

I did this years ago with an Oldsmobile. Had the thing in the service department and was getting jerked around. Left and came back in with some MB brochures and started walking around the show room. When the wolves started salivating at a potential sales I told them I would'nt buy another olds' if my life depended on it. Then I tell them I have a piece of cra@ in for service right now and that as soon as it gets fixed I'm trading it in across the street, etc... That caught there attention. By the time I was done I had the dealer G.M. and the Owner out kissing my Azs, along with the service manager.

Old 09-26-2004, 01:44 PM
OC2SNOW
Junior User
Thanks for your help! Hopefully I won't have to visit them too much, but it's nice to know I can bring it to someone who knows the diesel engines..Thanks again!

Old 09-30-2004, 02:45 PM
shishkbob
New User
My dad and I take ours to Power Ford in the Tustin Marketplace. They do good work as well as go the extra mile.

Old 09-30-2004, 09:35 PM
dc5275
New User
I just bought my 05 psd from Santa Margarita. I hope I dont have to take it in for anything for a while. Thanks for the heads up in Lake Forrest though.

Old 07-24-2005, 04:56 AM
CrimsnTide
Senior User
O.C. Diesel Tech

Well, after reading this post, do the same recommendations still stand? I will be receiving my new truck here in a couple of weeks. Although I ordered from a family friend in Escondido, I'm looking for the best option for a local diesel tech - JUST IN CASE I need to take it in for service. My CLOSEST dealer is Villa Ford (Orange), with my second closest being Fairway (Yorba Linda?)... I am really not all that far from Tuttle, so if anyone has any recommendations on where to take a truck for service in the Orange County area, I would really appreciate it.... Thanks!

Old 07-25-2005, 07:26 PM
OC2SNOW
Junior User
Crimsn Tide...So far I haven't had any problems with my F250...I have almost 9000 miles on it and all I've had done is the oil changes...So far, so good! I've been going to Rancho Santa Margarita Ford because it's so close to my house, but if there are ever any problems with the truck I will definately keep Tuttle Click (Lake Forest) in mind...I just had the Transfer Flow installed....I think the cost of filling it up is going to run about the same as the installation!