1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Paint combo idea for the Effie

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2004, 03:25 PM
Sixoh
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Paint combo idea for the Effie

So here I am, contemplating color choices for the truck. I'm always of 2 minds on stuff, combining restoration with kustomization, snd I came up with another paint scheme....what do you think?

I'm not like most guys who limit themselves to certain hues of the color spectrum because they're afraid of what others will think. The koolest car I saw this summer was a kustomized '56 Ford (car) done in pink and black w/a black and white tuck and roll interior. That got me to wondering how the '60 would look with a Custom Cab paint scheme in black w/what would be white done in "sunset Coral" or whatever Ford's name for the mid '50s pink was? The interior would be black w/white tuck and roll, chrome reverse rims w/spider caps, and a chrome grille/front bumper.

Go ahead and answer with whatever opinion you have!

Shane

Old 09-18-2004, 06:37 PM
1955effie
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds ok

alot of the trucks that i have seen that have been resto-rodded have been painted in 2 tones using the original colors. it is your call thats what will make it truely your truck. good luck

Old 09-18-2004, 06:57 PM
StarFox
Senior User
Sixoh, it sounds like the customizing bug has gotten the better of the restoration bug! There are so many combinations to choose from - any of them will be an eye catcher. Personally, I have always loved the late '50's colors which were mostly pastels with white and black. If you are going that route, how about adding white walls?
If you plan on doing something custom, would you separate the colors along the usual lines on the truck, or come up with some sweeps and arcs to blend the two?

Old 09-18-2004, 08:20 PM
Sixoh
Elder User
Oh definitely wide whites! That's a requirement for me, and I already run a set on my '60 Olds. I would probably use the factory lines of paint separation, but could use the pink where the color usually is, and the black where the white usually is. I've got a good pencil drawing of a '60 and will play with that. I don't have a photo shop.....yeah! I'll get 4speed to do a couple of quick renderings! I'll post it in my gallery when he's finished....

Old 09-18-2004, 08:22 PM
himmelberg
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Get Mr4speed to photoshop your ideas. This puts it right in front of you and will give you an idea of just how "Good and Plenty" it will look. I can see a '56 done up two tone in those colors but unfortunately you boys with the "ugly" trucks haven't got much to work with in terms of balancing this combo.

Please don't be offended by my observation, your era truck reads real low on my aesthetic meter. I can't picture scallops or panels or even just painting the turret coral and making that model look right. On the other hand, if any one could change my mind with creative photoshoping it is Mr4speed.

aesthetically. himmelberg

Old 09-18-2004, 08:37 PM
Sixoh
Elder User
No I understand. As well as being an artist, I'm stuck with an appreciation with the Underdogs. Maybe doing the turret in coral and the body in satin black would be a neat stand in until paint time? Another big thing to do is to do the top in a candy metalflake, and the bottom in black or white. But that requires ol' skool kustomizing for that to come off good. We'll see what Andrew can do with my idears.....wish I had Photoshop!

Old 09-19-2004, 10:20 AM
mr4speedford
Posting Guru
Saw this post yesterday, but we took the frame to get sandblasted and I didn't have time to reply. I'll do a few photoshops. I'll try pink/black with each one playing the base color. -4speed

Old 09-19-2004, 11:12 AM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Received 123 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by mr4speedford
Saw this post yesterday, but we took the frame to get sandblasted and I didn't have time to reply. I'll do a few photoshops. I'll try pink/black with each one playing the base color. -4speed
4 Speed

While you're at it, throw an IFS under it and do something about those tail lights. Sixoh is about to jump on over, he just needs a little push.

I think the grill/front clip would work pretty well with custom paint. Making a transition into the utility look of the tailgate/tail light area could be tricky.

Old 09-19-2004, 09:26 PM
mr4speedford
Posting Guru
quicky job. I have to get ready for bed as school is tomorrow. I will do some different ones tomorrow. Fenders, he's a bonified restorer -4speed

Old 09-19-2004, 10:03 PM
Sixoh
Elder User
WeeeeellllI guess I could rationalize that, since Daisy is so rusty, I could make a few changes while restoring her. My mods will go like this:

Solid axle front, stretched 2"
3" dropped monos front (got 'em on)
4" dropped monos rear
Built 292/312 w/dual 4s, cam and headers w/Flowmaster 40s
Original body w/original Goldenrod paint (maybe candy gold)
Chrome reverse w/spiders and www's
Original interior w/bench/door panels/center of headliner/dash cover in
white R & P
Floor shifter with big ol' Tiki shift **** on extended lever

Being as how I'm a poor white boy tho', it's easier to restore than hop up because all you've got to do is fix what you've got!

I already understand the dark side!