1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

96 PSD belt and tensioner cost

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 06:39 PM
gfwelsh
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flat Rate Manual

My first post. My '96 F250 PSD suffered a failed belt tensioner. Had the rig towed to the local dealership. Price for the installation of the tensioner and belt: 600 bucks. I seem to be unable to search up any useful references to the flat rate manual that the dealerships are supposed to (and claim to) use. Something down low is throbbin' after this. Towin' ain't included. Any thoughts on the charge or the unavailability of the manual?

Old 09-16-2004, 08:31 PM
95psd
Senior User
Wow I bet you are throbbing! My tennsioner was going bad and I bought a new one and paid around $70. at Ford. After I bought it I had some other work done and they changed it under warrenty I guess, so I still have the one that I bought. As far as shop time goes it should take longer to get the right tools out than to change the thing.

Old 09-16-2004, 08:58 PM
Powerstrokedlariat
Postmaster
I just had my tensioner and belt replaced and computer checked out for codes for about half that. Maybe call BBB- I would be hurting too-

Old 09-16-2004, 09:29 PM
RickyBR
Senior User
My tensioner just gave out a couple of weeks ago on my 99' F-350 PSD so I went to Auto Zone and bought one for $45.00. It only took about 20 minutes to do, and it only took that long because I was looking the old one over to see how they work.
Is there any way you can go back in and ask the manager to show you in their book what the sugested flat rate charge is? I don't know if it would help but maybe you could also try calling the main Ford office and ask someone obout it there.