Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2004 - 2008 F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 or 4.2 V6 engine
SPONSORED BY:
Click HereAdvertisement

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-16-2004, 05:58 PM
New User

kevin61874 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjim
What rates are people getting on these deals where they give 1500 cash if financing with Ford? Are they above market rates, it seems like too good of a deal.

Lardman, Im sure you know this, but just in case, if you have a longer term home equity loan than a typical car loan, 10 or more years lets say, you'll end up paying a fortune in interest thus wiping out any savings by writing it off.
I bought my 2004 SCREW a month ago and received the $2500 rebate plus $1500 for using Ford Credit. I told the sales guy I could get 4.5% elsewhere and would refinance if Ford was higher. Lo and behold, Ford Credit offered 4.5%. It seems everything is negotiable
Old 09-16-2004, 06:39 PM
Senior User

dynocompe is starting off with a positive reputation.
why u gus got such high interest rates?? 1.9 at the dealer here with dealer rebates
Old 09-16-2004, 06:48 PM
Post Fiend

1956MarkII has a very good reputation on FTE.1956MarkII has a very good reputation on FTE.1956MarkII has a very good reputation on FTE.1956MarkII has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynocompe
why u gus got such high interest rates?? 1.9 at the dealer here with dealer rebates
That's if you give up the vehicle rebate. You know, $3000 rebate OR 1.9%. They're talking about an additional rebate from Ford Credit just for financing with them, in addition to the rebate-or-rate incentive. In most cases you're better off taking all the rebates you can, even if it requires a higher-than-normal interest rate, then pay off the high-rate FMCC loan with one from your local bank or credit union.
Old 09-16-2004, 08:06 PM
Junior User

chains is starting off with a positive reputation.
I've heard different answers from different finance guys from the same dealership. I, too got a home equity loan and am planning on paying off the Ford credit loan. I was told a good point..... Don't pay it off in full at the first month. If they didn't receive the title for your truck yet, it will make things very confusing. Pay most of it off the first month. Wait an additional month and contact Ford Credit to confirm that they received the title. Once verified, the second month, pay off the rest. Much cleaner and might avoid a delay in receiving your title.
Old 09-16-2004, 08:49 PM
New User

kjvols is starting off with a positive reputation.
I recieved $1000. rebate financing through FMC,I have to keep it there for at least three months.
Old 09-16-2004, 09:05 PM
Post Fiend

1956MarkII has a very good reputation on FTE.1956MarkII has a very good reputation on FTE.1956MarkII has a very good reputation on FTE.1956MarkII has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chains
...If they didn't receive the title for your truck yet, it will make things very confusing. Pay most of it off the first month. Wait an additional month and contact Ford Credit to confirm that they received the title...
Good point if you're in a state where the bank holds the title. Here in NY, the owner gets the title upfront, with a lien on it.
Old 09-17-2004, 10:08 AM
Elder User

lardman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Talked to the sales manager at my dealership. He called the regional manager and neither one of them has ever heard of a prorated portion of the rebate being collected if you pay off before 90 days.
Dk Torr Red w/ Sil
Built 12/15/03
Old 09-17-2004, 10:25 AM
Junior User

gregarobinson is starting off with a positive reputation.
My sales rep said that Ford Motor Credit 'frowns' on the dealership if the customer gets the finance rebate and pays the loan off within 90 days. Not 100% clear what 'frown' means. Out of respect for his request to wait 90 days, I will.
Old 09-17-2004, 10:46 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregarobinson
My sales rep said that Ford Motor Credit 'frowns' on the dealership if the customer gets the finance rebate and pays the loan off within 90 days. Not 100% clear what 'frown' means. Out of respect for his request to wait 90 days, I will.
"Frowns" means that it's going to cost the dealer money. Ford Motor Credit makes more money than they know what to do with, and their policies are down-right infuriating at times. Nothing would bring me more happiness than if I could actually figure out a way to cause FMC to "frown." Too many times they stand in the way of Ford dealers selling and delivering vehicles.
Old 09-17-2004, 01:07 PM
New User

formyfordvan is starting off with a positive reputation.
I was also told that the waiting was primarily for Registry of MV to get the title over to FMCC. Otherwise if your new loan company tries to get the title from FMCC they will not have it and the new loan co. might call your loan. Sounded about right to me. No time restriction just call before paying completely off and make sure the title is available for the new lender.
Rick
Old 09-17-2004, 05:33 PM
New User

DrKenBob is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cool

I was also told by the dealership I needed to wait 90 days before paying off the loan if I took the 1000 rebate.
Old 09-17-2004, 05:33 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2004 - 2008 F150

Tags
address, credit, early, financing, fmcc, ford, loan, motor, pay, paying, payoff, quote, rebate, return, search, truck