6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Ford Zone Rep says We wont buyback but we will offer you an ESP????

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 08:32 AM
txhntr
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Ford Zone Rep says We wont buyback but we will offer you an ESP????

Ok, took the truck in today after filing DSB. The field engineer said that the oil leaking down side of the motor is "Wicking". And that there are no problems so how about we give you an Extended Service Policy because "I am not prone to buying back your Ford." I have not seen the offer yet in writing but I think I am going to get cute. Home Depot sells plywood and paint. Think I am going to make a sign that says "I bought this Lemon at Pollard Ford and they won't buy it back" and drive the truck to the dealership and park it. What do you guys think about my idea and let me know if anyone hsa told you about "Wicking", and anybody who has had the same type of offer let me know what you did.
Thanks!

Old 09-15-2004, 08:40 AM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What that will accomplish in MY humble opinion is stop any possibility of cooperation out of your dealer... the dealership is not refusing you... Ford is...
Stay calm, get your documentation together... and talk to his boss....

firstly, is it a REAL problem ? I mean, are you bing reasonable about it...
what do you WANT them to do to make you happy ?
is this the only issue ?
Is it dripping on the ground ?
if so, use that plywood to catch the drips and take pictures of it daily...

good luck... and sorry your truck isn't as much fun as mine is - really !

Old 09-15-2004, 09:11 AM
Choctaw Bob
Postmaster
Lawyers make much more valid threats. If a Ford zone engineer told you that you are dead in the water. Your next option is a lemon law suit.

Old 09-15-2004, 10:14 AM
Rearview
Senior User
One of my friends, back in the mid 80's(?) had some bad problems with his Ford truck.
He couldn't get any results from Ford or the Stealer. He painted Yellow Lemons all over his truck, with signs, and drove it around for months before He finaly got some resolution from Ford. But it was Quite the battle as I recall.
Good luck with your endeaver
As jdadamsjr said. "Sorry your truck isn't as much fun as mine"

Old 09-15-2004, 10:26 AM
jeb
Elder User
I'm confused. If you filed the DSB paperwork, what do you care what the rep said? Did you actually get a form from the DSB asking for work orders, an explanation of the problems, etc? Have you gotten your case accepted by the DSB yet after the submission of the above paperwork?

Or are you just trying to work a deal with Ford while the paperwork is in process and then drop the DSB thing?

Old 09-15-2004, 11:34 AM
kw5413
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm confused. If you filed the DSB paperwork, what do you care what the rep said?

I agree with jeb. I have not gone back to review your posts regarding this matter but it seems that there is some info missing. Jeb is / has been there done that.

If you have submitted DSB process there should not even be a dialog with a Ford rep until a decison is rendered. Unacceptable rep offers are meaningless once papers filed. IMO.

Old 09-15-2004, 01:35 PM
$trokin60
Senior User
Yea I must agree once you file DSB paper work it is out of fords hands. which is a good thing because the DSB board is not made up of ford Employees. There is a ford rep present but he isnt a voting member. I tried to work with the dealership to give them the courtesey and opertunity to do the right thing, they refused so I filed dsb papers along with all of the documentation and a list of what I thought were safety issues. They called me weeks before the board hearing was scheduled and asked if I wanted a replacement vehicle. I accepted and a month later I was in a 2004. The board was very pleasant to deal with Especially Mrs Letitia grooms.

Old 09-15-2004, 02:35 PM
utahtom
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am not a buy-back expert... Negotiations are not always cut & dry.
With that said: You get a lot more bees with honey than vinegar.

Old 09-15-2004, 03:05 PM
Frobozz
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by utahtom
I am not a buy-back expert... Negotiations are not always cut & dry.
With that said: You get a lot more bees with honey than vinegar.
I believe it's flies you get more of with honey; bees just make their own.

Duncan

Old 09-15-2004, 03:16 PM
utahtom
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In regard to adage of honey & vinegar:

Back in April of 03, I drove the vehicle of the dealer gm for a week while my 6.0 was being diagnosed and subsequently repaired...The usual injectors, turbo replacement and one of several re-flashs etc. I would buy another vehicle from that dealer although I like my 6.0 too much to trade it in!

Old 09-15-2004, 03:26 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Frobozz
I believe it's flies you get more of with honey; bees just make their own.

Duncan
O-sure a minor technicality

Old 09-15-2004, 03:48 PM
txhntr
Junior User
I have not filed the papers because Ford 1800 blah blah told me to work throught the dealer to resolve my issue. Has anyone had or know an expert witness? My lawyer is looking at possibly filing a class action because of all the safety related issues with the 2004's. Please also let me know if anyone has been told about this "Wicking" issue. I think it is a load to say the least. Motors are supposed to keep the oil inside not outside, especially at only 8 months old...
Thanks,

Old 09-15-2004, 04:27 PM
kw5413
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
8:32 AM Today Ok, took the truck in today after filing DSB.

3:48 PM Today I have not filed the papers because Ford 1800 blah blah told me to work throught the dealer to resolve my issue.

Well ...either you did or you didn't. Which would it be?

Again...What Ford tells you is meaningless once you pop the DSB process. Nuff said about that.

8/31/04 I have experienced 2 rear main seals, 1 front seal, 3 reflashes, and two glow plug harness' within 16750 miles. It is currently at the dealer getting another glow plug harness.

Today My lawyer is looking at possibly filing a class action because of all the safety related issues with the 2004's.

Saftey related issues, Class action lawsuits, expert witnesses? Give me a break! This is Ford Truck Enthusiasts forum. We are happy to assist fellow enthusiasts with info, ideas, and constructive help...we even have a little fun from time to time...but, I don't think you will see many takers here...for a frivilous class action safety related lawsuit.

BTW: Did you buy this truck new or @ auction?

Old 09-15-2004, 06:28 PM
jwdeats
Senior User
What a pity that dealers act up like that.

I don't think the situation warrants your proposed response of painting and placing signs in front of the dealership. I have been inclined to do that too, but for worse offenses (my response of choice is to sue, because I know my rights and I quit playing games). If you got cute and put signs up, theoretically they could (but wouldn't) "get cute" too and sue you for any dimunition in their sales caused by such a sign, regardless of the truth in the sign. Why fuss over a little oil if oil is so cheap? You should just take the ESP, whatever that is, and make them fix the problem if it continues. Won't they fix the oil leak? I don't think the lemon law will work because I think in Texas it is directed to vehicles that spend a certain period of time in the shop for unfixed problems or to vehicles that are repaired unsuccessfully three times and for things that cause an unsafe condition. I don't think a little drip is unsafe. If you want, take them to small claims court and make them fix the problem.

Old 09-15-2004, 08:02 PM
SBV45
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
txhntr, I hope you are clearer with the dealer/Ford regarding the issues and resolution you want. Based on the posts you put here, I am confused. Fiirst you post about "wicking " and then jump to a post about a lawyer and sueing for "all the safety related issues with the 2004's". What in the world are you referring to about safety problems?

Quick Reply: Ford Zone Rep says We wont buyback but we will offer you an ESP????