1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEWS.new project..jeep...cant wait... fire up the welder!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2004, 12:33 AM
jetjock16
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEWS.new project..jeep...cant wait... fire up the welder!

guys sweet news for me.... about a year ago my neighbor got a early 90s jeep cherokee 2wd(oh well) from another neighbor for $250 bones when he moved.. it dont have AC or anything else pretty basic but it runs good.. anyway my neighbor/friend is getting a new car and said he's gonna let me have the jeep!.. anyway ive owned 2 cherokees before and 1 grand cherokee all lifted... one older one i made a 13" lift myself(17 year old kid back then)... anyway i know the jeep driveterrain in and out... and i know how to make my own brackets to lift it.. did it before... soooo im thinking this is going to be buget project to play with...strictly to drive around locally.. ill weld it all, but im thinking about 15" of lift or so... cage underneath..roll cage,Lincoln locker.. on and on.. will get some old warn out 38"swampers from my bud to run... its still going to be 2wd but it'll be a fun little project to take me and the dog to the fishin spots, and great hunting machine!...basically just practice weld'n and fab'n for future 3 link/4 link on my SD.. anyway just a fun little project cant wait.. ill keep ya posted.
JJ

Old 09-12-2004, 12:42 AM
desertford
Senior User
Jetjock it looks from your pics your a desert man make it a kickass pre-runner

Old 09-12-2004, 09:08 AM
jetjock16
Posting Guru
only thing holding it back from pre-runnin fun is i think its got a 4 banger eng, might be a six, and i dont have any money to spend..so it aint going to be getting a 4link setup or anything..while that would be a blast.. to expensive...welll... maybe ill look on ebay at coilovers....hmmmm.
JJ