Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2004, 11:18 AM
Senior User

renaissanceman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Red face wiring diagram

Two questions:

1. Is there an online wiring schematic anywhere for my truck?

2. is there an accessable junction/connection/plug point of some kind where the wiring harness feeding the rear end is connected to the main harness? Maybe along the frame under the cab? I'm looking for a point where I can insert a T-connector so I can build a slide-in camper pigtail and not have to plug one into the trailer connector on the rear bumper which I'm using to power a trailer. I also don't want to use wire splices on the OEM wires at the back end where they are so exposed.

Thanks
Old 09-10-2004, 12:17 PM
Postmaster

wlihntr has a good reputation on FTE.wlihntr has a good reputation on FTE.
on the tow package diagram for my 2001 it shows an extra open plug for a 7 wire trailer hook-up. go to your 7 pin/ 4pin trailer plug at the rear bumper and follow it back up to the frame, the picture i have shows the plug mounted on the rear cross member of the frame looped off of the trailer wireing harness.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gall...oid=65664&.jpg

its good to have an open mind...but not so open that your brains fall out
Old 09-10-2004, 02:48 PM
Senior User

thanks - I jusr dropped the tire on my 04 and took a good look at that juncture. It appears that the rear harness splits just at the rear cross member into three parts: left & right rear light bundles and the connector for the trailer light harness. There's no additional plug inn point. I pulled out the trailer harness and am planning to hard wire another connector in there to drive a 4-pin and 6-pin slide-in camper connection. Since I can't locate a T-connector that fits in that spot with all the 12 gage wireing I'll have to make one.
Old 09-10-2004, 04:56 PM
Freshman User

Kable Guy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Instead of making a T connector you should be soldering these connections. This is a much better connection and will not have problems with corrosion, seeing you live in Colorado.
Just my 2 cents
Old 09-10-2004, 08:38 PM
Senior User

yeah - you are correct about corrosion. That is my reason for not liking those mid-line wire connectors - they open up a slit in the insulatin for corrosion to get in. I came across a wire connector at NAPA today that has a built in shrink wrap tubing and will use those when I splice in my extension. I went to a trailer manufacturer here in Ft. Collins and bought enought 6-wire and a plug to install the pigtail extension I want.
Old 09-11-2004, 11:16 AM
Senior User

I pulled the trailer electrics plug & harness out from under the rear (it's about 2' long) and am soldering in the wiring extension to drive my slide-in camper. I'm hard wiring a 6-1 bundle for a 7 pin plug like the trailer reciever plug on the back bumper of the truck. All the colors of the extension cable are an easy match except the black. There is no black wire in the OEM bundle.

I went to the etrailer.com site and in the 7 pin configuration picture the black wire that pins to #4 pole is just designated "12V". On other illustrations the black wire is power for backup lights or something. I'm sort of confused with this and wonder if I can just wire the black and orange 12V on the same line?
Old 09-11-2004, 04:18 PM
Post Fiend

FortyFords is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
here is the wire setup
on 7 pin trailer plug
pin #1 -yellow- left turn
pin#2 - unused
pin#3- dark blue unused
pin #4 -dark green right turn
pin#5 - organge - battery charge 12 v
pin#6 -Brown /white tracer -parking lights
pin#7 - Black/light green - reverse lamps
Black is always ground on our trucks ,don't tie black to organge
Rich
Old 09-22-2004, 10:20 PM
Freshman User

jgray is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a 95 F-250 with a Factory Installed Ford 7 pin connector. I would like to replace or add a 4 pin (flat) (OOO@). What is the best way to do so ?? Adding would be ideal, but replacing would work fine also...

Thanks
Jason
K&N Air Filter
Meyer Plow
Pretty much stock, not sure what to do to it !!!!!
Looking forward to taking to you guys !!!!
Old 12-23-2006, 06:45 PM
New User

ponygirl01 is starting off with a positive reputation.
wiring harness

looking for a headlight diagram for a 97 F-150 Lariat, can anyone help me PLEASE.....
Old 12-27-2006, 01:37 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Parts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray
I have a 95 F-250 with a Factory Installed Ford 7 pin connector. I would like to replace or add a 4 pin (flat) (OOO@). What is the best way to do so ?? Adding would be ideal, but replacing would work fine also...

Thanks
Jason
You have the heavy duty set up, if you go to the light duty part
F5TZ 13A576-AA that would take care of you.

Ed
Old 12-27-2006, 01:44 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Parts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponygirl01
looking for a headlight diagram for a 97 F-150 Lariat, can anyone help me PLEASE.....
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:29 PM
New User

rayalbrt is starting off with a positive reputation.
wiring diagram 2003 f 150 super crew

Can Any one tell me if my side view mirrors are allready prew wired to connect LED turn signals? If not where can I obtain information on how to connect them.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:29 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
2008, bumper, camper, diagram, duty, f150, ford, pin, plug, rear, slide, super, superduty, trailer, truck, wiring