Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > Alberta Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Alberta Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-09-2004, 09:44 AM
New User

CalgaryFord is starting off with a positive reputation.
Looking for tranny

Hello...i'm looking for a Mazda tranny for my 1988 300cid F150 4x4, or a 4 speed without overdrive to bolt on. Anybody have one laying about as a coffee table they'd like to get rid of?
Old 09-12-2004, 12:31 AM
Senior User

Ken aka Savage is starting off with a positive reputation.
Unhappy

I know where you are comming from, but having been there I sure wouldn't reccomend going with another Mazda P.O.S. I had thier tranny fail in my '86 twice. There was a design flaw with the oil fill plug being cast too low leading to premature failure, but even after fixing that the next one failed too, I came to the conclusion that the Mazda junk wasn't tough enough to handle the power from my 6 banger.
Is your truck a 2wd or 4wd? I would suggest you could use a Tremic T4 or T5 as was used in the Mustang & the AMC Jeep CJ's feom '80 to '86, another option would be a T176 that was used in '80 & '81 CJ's with the 304v8.
Check with Ken @ Jeep Stuff in Calgary, he can likely set you up with something more worth having than that Mazda junk.
I have always been a Ford lover, but when Ford hopped into bed with Mazda & I had those tranny troubles I almost gave up on Ford completely. Sure glad I didn't give up because I love my F350.
True Gun Control is hitting what you aim at!
Old 09-13-2004, 09:36 AM
New User

CalgaryFord is starting off with a positive reputation.
thanks very much for the lead, i'll be sure to follow up on that!
Old 10-24-2004, 11:22 PM
Senior User

Digger6 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have every thing you need to swap to the four speed. All you need find is the adapter to go from the 2wd tranny to the transfercase. Let me know if you want it. Bellhousing, slave cylinder, everything.
Old 10-24-2004, 11:22 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > Alberta Chapter

Tags
t176, tremic