1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Windsheild seals for my 53

Old 09-08-2004, 07:03 AM
53auto
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Windsheild seals for my 53

I am wanting to take out the windsheild out of my 53 so I can get the cab sandblasted. My question is about the seal is it a two piece seal or is it a one piece seal. Also is there a trick to removing the seal easily or am I stuck with just cutting it out. I'm kind of new to rebuilding and thought I would ask. Also on a side note does anyone know of a way to remove wiper scratches on the windsheild? Any help would be appreciated.

Old 09-08-2004, 09:17 AM
ranger pat
Cargo Master
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
The windshield seal is one piece rubber with a groove for the glass and an inner and outer seal to the body. To remove the seal, cut the inner seal with a sharp knife and it will push out.
My old windshield had deep wiper scratches and it was easier to replace with a new tinted one. I think I paid $220 for the new one and sold the scratched on at a swap meet for $40.

Old 09-08-2004, 10:37 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Received 123 Likes on 94 Posts
The windshield pushes out starting at an upper corner. They come out easy if the seal isn't hardened. But there is no sense taking the risk of busting it. Cut it first. You need a new pliable one for a good seal anyway when you re-install.

Search this Thread