Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Georgia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-07-2004, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator

WhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant future
Atlanta.... to a yankee

Hello all. I am headed down to Atlanta Sept. 17-19. The area I will be visiting is Midtown. I am going down to see a pretty exclusive two day concert. I fly down Friday morning, and fly back Sunday morning. Can anyone tell me what kind of town Atlanta is? What is midtown like? Do I need to watch my back at all times? Any info you guys could throw at me, would be appreciated. Im doing my research now on their public transportation system (looks like once dumps half a mile from my hotel). Im just a bit iffy about going down, since I dont like big cities to begin with. Thanks!

Rich
"The next time some actor or rock star tells you what to think, tell them to **** off." - Dennis DeYoung
Old 09-07-2004, 09:36 PM
Elder User

jharvey3 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Welcome to the South, Atlanta is GREAT!! Midtown is not bad, lots of interesting folks down there hehe, MARTA (mass transit) leaves alot to be desired don't use it if you dont have to. Lot's of good eatin' in Atlanta something for everyone. If you're gonna be out and about after dark try to stay in a group, Atlanta is just like any other big city chances are you won't have any problems but no need to invite them either. Oh yeah here in the South we say howdy to just about everybody and don't ask for no pepsi everything is a Coke here have great time in Atlanta

John

Last edited by jharvey3; 09-07-2004 at 09:40 PM.
Old 09-07-2004, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator

WhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant future
Thanks for the reply. Do you know if cabs are abundant there? I want to try and minimize any possible troubles. I wish I could afford a car, to get around all of that, but it just doesnt make sense. I will really only have saturday morning and early afternoon, to find stuff to do around the midtown area. I fly in Friday afternoon (show runs from 5-2am), then starts up again at 5 on saturday. I fly out sunday morning. As it looks now, Im gonna have to take a cab from the airport I guess.

Rich
"The next time some actor or rock star tells you what to think, tell them to **** off." - Dennis DeYoung
Old 09-07-2004, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

Dont worry...I dont like Pepsi
Old 09-07-2004, 11:52 PM
Posting Guru

old87 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ya oughtta be fine- enjoy the area and your stay.

LED ZEP
Old 09-11-2004, 01:11 AM
Postmaster

3broncocrazy has a great reputation on FTE.3broncocrazy has a great reputation on FTE.3broncocrazy has a great reputation on FTE.3broncocrazy has a great reputation on FTE.3broncocrazy has a great reputation on FTE.
Rich,
Wish i lived closer.....would like to shake the hand and have a cup of coffee/beer/coke......

Atlanta aint no NYC, but it is a city - not my cup of tea - but not that bad. People are all on the sidewalks during day time, and the advice above is good, anywhere this day and age.

I always rent a car when i have to go up, esp down town on business, that's 'cause the parking lots are full of fender dent-ers and if i want a bronco fender dented, i'd just as soon as do it myself in the woods.......Also, last time i was up, my rental car gas flap was open the next morning as i awoke to be on my way - sittin right by the hotel guard shack - guess the security guard got an addition to huffin or something, who knows.

Never been on MARTA, Heard it's not where you want to be......A cab would be the way to go i would think if you want to save on rental car expense.

The Atlanta airport is busy busy.....i travel down to Jacksonville, Fl when i need to fly just because Atl airport traffic is so hectic.

If you are eating on company expense.....go to the FoGo de Chao on Piedmont, expensive but take a big hunkerin for some good open fire cooked meat.

Other things close by is the world of coke (history of coke), underground Atlanta (shops/resturants) and the CNN studio tour (about a hour long tour of CNN building) Also, The varisity is the world's largest drive-in food joint(can go inside), and you better ask for a coke 'cause they are the world's largest single resturant outlet for coke.........

Good luck with your trip, let us know how it turned out.

Donnie
IT'S BETTER TOPLESS(Broads, Broncos, and Booze)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbeast
you people scare me sometimes!!
"...sailors who drank beer escaped the curse of scurvy..."

Last edited by 3broncocrazy; 09-11-2004 at 01:15 AM.
Old 09-19-2004, 10:54 PM
Posting Guru

old87 is starting off with a positive reputation.
So how'd it go??

LED ZEP
Old 09-20-2004, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

It went good. I thought Midtown was a decent area. There werent too many people trying to scam you, as opposed to walking around downtown. I hit up the World of Coke tour, as well as the CNN studio thing. I never ended up using the MARTA. I flew down Wednesday, instead of my scheduled Friday flight. Good thing I did. There were so many flights that were messed up thursday night and friday morning. As for the reason I went down, the show was great. I got so many autographs, photos with bands, etc. A good time all in all. Atlanta, thanks for the hospitality.

Rich
Old 09-20-2004, 11:16 PM
Senior User

mudflaps87 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Car Show eh- Glad you enjoyed the trip.
Take care.
Old 09-20-2004, 11:16 PM